Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Overnight in Detroit

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:42 am
I'm planning to travel to Detroit for one day to bring my daughter to her camp bus. I'm considering staying overnight to avoid driving there and back in one (long) day. I thought we'd do some shopping and/or sightseeing while in the area.

I've been looking online in an attempt to find an Airbnb or hotel in or near the frum area, but I'd appreciate any leads for private individuals who do short-term rental of apartments or rooms, if that's a thing anyone does. The closest I've found so far is in Ferndale. Is that a safe area? I'll be taking 4 kids with me.

Also, I'd really appreciate any names/addresses/phone numbers for tznius clothing stores.

Thank you so much for your help!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:31 am
Ferndale where?
I'm really sorry I can't offer housing.
For tznius clothing there Elegant Expressions and the Shell Shoppe, Fit for a Kid, and Shoebidoo. All Top That. They're all storefronts. Don't know if they will close at all over bein hazmanim.
Enbees is a private home and probably closed.

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:49 am
Thanks so much for the store info!

I’m not certain on the exact location of the Airbnb I found, but the map seems to show a location near the intersection of Woodward Ave and Eight Mile Rd. I’m still looking through the places on Airbnb for something closer.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
Ferndale where?
I'm really sorry I can't offer housing.
For tznius clothing there Elegant Expressions and the Shell Shoppe, Fit for a Kid, and Shoebidoo. All Top That. They're all storefronts. Don't know if they will close at all over bein hazmanim.
Enbees is a private home and probably closed.

Elegant Expressions and Step n Style (store that contains shoebdoo/shell shoppe/fit for a kid) are closed this week. They will open after Tisha B’Av. Enbee Collection has a phone number for appts.
Some might be on instagram with hours.
I don’t know any private rentals. There’s the Westin and Holiday Inn Express at Ten Mile and Northwestern Hwy or Evergreen in Southfield. Totally drivable but is probably a 30 minutes walk into the community. Woodward and 8 Mile is likely Detroit. Or pretty close. Even if it’s technically Ferndale, I wouldn’t stay there. .

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:51 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
Thanks so much for the store info!

I’m not certain on the exact location of the Airbnb I found, but the map seems to show a location near the intersection of Woodward Ave and Eight Mile Rd. I’m still looking through the places on Airbnb for something closer.

You don't want that neighborhood.

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:12 pm
How about the Birmingham area (near intersection of S Adams Rd and E Maple Rd)? It’s not closer, but if it’s a safer area, that would be fine with me.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:15 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
How about the Birmingham area (near intersection of S Adams Rd and E Maple Rd)? It’s not closer, but if it’s a safer area, that would be fine with me.

Much better. It's further but worth it. And re the distance, it's all relative, like this isn't NY. Waze would be useful because there's always construction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics