Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Appliances recommendation Isreal

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:36 pm
If anyone can help me choose appliances for my apartment in Jerusalem.

Frigde im thinking of Samsung 4 door
What's your recommendation for a washer n dryer which company?
And for an electronic stove top which company?

If anyone know where I can buy a crib for my baby..

Thanks!!!

MyUsername

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 11:39 am
For a fridge, you can find good ones that are samsung, LG, sharp. Just make sure to go to the store and try opening it - my in laws have one which looked great but is a little hard to open for some reason - not enough to keep you from opening it, but just enough to get on your nerves and wear out your arms every time. In my experience, the ones with the handles that stick out, rather than having built-in grooves in the doors, are easier to open.

For a washing machine, I highly recommend Bosch, Siemens, or Constructa. They are the most reliable of the reasonably-prices washing machines here, with good customer service and warranties.

For a dryer, I've had a few, nothing particularly great, so I don't have any recommendations there.

Never had an electric stovetop, only gas.

If you want to buy a crib, I recommend Motsesim - they have one in Kenyon Hadar. I'm sure there are plenty of other places to get them, just make sure you get a crib and a mattress that are brands with a 'tav teken' - meaning it meets standards for safe use for infants.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 12:33 pm
Thanks

bamba

Post Sat, Jul 21 2018, 3:16 pm
We just bought a Samsung fridge. Only one that could fit in the space we had.
I really wanted to get a Bosch washing machine but in the end I got an AEG as it had similar specs and the warranty on it was much better.
Also got an AEG dryer for same reason.
I find that the warranty is a big factor when buying an appliance. For eg a dryer doesn’t last much longer than 5 years let’s say (that’s what we were told in most stores when looking to buy) so if you have a good warranty for 4 years it
Covers you!

Studious

Post Sat, Jul 21 2018, 4:46 pm
Love my Constructa washing machine. Hate my Elektra dryer.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 2:52 am
OP, have in mind the width of the fridge, especially if you are renting (you don't want to turn down the next apartment for rental because your fridge couldn't fit in)

I strongly recommend a gas stove, IMO there is nothing good about electronic stove tops.
Cribs: you can find cribs 2nd hand or even free on sites like yad2.co.il and agora.co.il.

etky

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 6:46 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
OP, have in mind the width of the fridge, especially if you are renting (you don't want to turn down the next apartment for rental because your fridge couldn't fit in)

I strongly recommend a gas stove, IMO there is nothing good about electronic stove tops.
Cribs: you can find cribs 2nd hand or even free on sites like yad2.co.il and agora.co.il.

They're easy to clean and no chance of wind extinguishing a very low flame.
But otherwise, yeah, go for gas if you can.

etky

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 6:47 am
bamba wrote:
We just bought a Samsung fridge. Only one that could fit in the space we had.
I really wanted to get a Bosch washing machine but in the end I got an AEG as it had similar specs and the warranty on it was much better.
Also got an AEG dryer for same reason.
I find that the warranty is a big factor when buying an appliance. For eg a dryer doesn’t last much longer than 5 years let’s say (that’s what we were told in most stores when looking to buy) so if you have a good warranty for 4 years it
Covers you!

We purchased an 8 kilo AEG condensor dryer about a year and a half ago.
So far we are very pleased with it.

jkw

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:53 am
I have an LG inverter linear compressor refrigerator with the freezer as a pullout on the bottom ; has a shabbot mode.
Siemens iQ1700 9 kg washer and dryer. Get a line installed to remove the water from the dryer or you will be constantly emptying the condenser. My stovetop is also a Siemens with iron grates.
Check prices at zap co.il before you go to the store. If the salesperson tries to convince you to get something else, do your research and stick to what you want. Right before delivery the salesman at Milton's wanted me to get a different refrigerator with a DOOR on the BOTTOM because it would be easier to deliver!

lacey

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 12:23 am
What's wrong with the electric stove top? To me it seems Soo much easier to clean. ..the look is nicer?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 1:12 am
Stay away from the Bosch built-in self-clean oven. After a year and a half (so no warranty) the internal glass on the oven door broke during a self-cleaning cycle. Replacing costs 1,000 shekel plus 250 for the technician! And to top it off - they won't guarantee the glass - not even for a year!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:27 am
lacey wrote:
What's wrong with the electric stove top? To me it seems Soo much easier to clean. ..the look is nicer?

Gas stove tops have a lot of advantages. Even if they get old the flame always keeps it's strength (electrical stove tops loses it's efficiency with time)
With gas you regulate the flame immediately (big advantage), with electical ones it takes time to increase or decrease the energy. With gas you never have any waste of energy, once you shut it off it's off. With gas you can always cook even if you have an electric cut-off for some reason (if you have a blech you will always have hot food for Shabbos as long as you have gas).

Easier to clean is not a parameter for me peronally, I don't see there is such a difference. Nicer looking? Not IMO.

I want a stove top that does the work in best possible way. I grew up with electrical stove tops and wouldn't install one even if it was free of charge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions