Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Frozen shnitzel

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:22 pm
I'm trying to figure out what to make for shabbos.
I have frozen pre-breaded shnitzel-the type you buy in the store. It says it's fully cooked. can I just warm it up on the blech for shabbos lunch and shalosh seudos or should I still cook it before shabbos and then rewarm it on shabbos? I went someplace and they just defrosted and served it. I did not find it very palatable to put it mildly.

I'm also trying to figure out what to serve for shabbos. I can't seem to find barley, think the store didn't have kiskka, don't have meat... so thinking of just skipping the cholent and making deli roll and this shnitzel as the mains.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:24 pm
Where did you buy it and what are the instructions on the package?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:30 pm
it's empire breaded boneless chicken tenders. It says fully cooked and the instructions say cook for 12-14 minutes in a conventional/convection or toaster oven or deep fry.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 20 2018, 1:41 pm
You should bake it first. It's similar to the Meal Mart chicken nuggets. Or like hot dogs that are technically fully cooked, not raw so will not cause food poisoning, but still not quite ready to eat straight out of the package.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen