Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
So...what did you break your fast on?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 10:09 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Too sick to eat 😩

I hope you feel better soon.

Mujadara is a rice and lentils dish with cumin and caremelized onions on top. We try to eat vegan a few days a week and it's a favorite.

kneidel

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 10:13 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Too sick to eat 😩

Oh no! That's not fun. Hope you feel better quick.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 10:31 pm
Hot cocoa and freshly baked cake (baked by my 7 year old Smile )
Split pea vegetable soup
some leftover salads from shalosh seudos yesterday

Optione

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 10:34 pm
Fresh rolls
Eggs
Veggie Soup
Babka

SYA

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 10:35 pm
Fresh baked chocolate cake with orange juice.
Baked salmon, roasted vegetables, squash soup.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:01 pm
Water and Advil.

Other than that, bread, butter and a pasta dish. (This one: https://www.chabad.org/recipes.....a.htm)

Chickpea chocolate cake leftover from Shabbos.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:04 pm
Grape juice (I made havdolah before came home), and a plum.
Later: French toast and rugelach.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:06 pm
simba wrote:
Orange juice. Onion soup. Onion rolls. Herb and goat cheese omelette. Israeli salad.
I'm in a food coma on the couch now!

The omelette sounds delicious. Can you post the recipe please?

eschaya

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:10 pm
French bread, onion soup with cheese, omelette, Israeli salad, coleslaw, chocolate cake, iced tea.
This was a break-fast for dh and kids who fasted, and just dinner for me (I'm nursing a baby).

Blue jay

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:11 pm
Vitamin water ( I highly recommend! I felt better instantly)
Bagel with tofutti cream cheese
Cherries
One small scoop of ice cream

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:43 pm
Coffee (of course, duh) with homemade rugelech that I baked today. 6 lb! Crazy me!
Bought buttercake, not me, ds and hub.

Much later, flander fish, huge vegetables salad, cheese blintz, I took out of freezer, maybe.still eating, I think I’m getting full without it.

I will take fruits. Peach or nectarines. It gives fluid to the body.

Hub will eat pizza and cut up veggies.

smileyfaces

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:59 pm
Veggie soup and fresh bread
Feeling so sick! Oh also I totally forgot about havdallah embarrassed

keym

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 12:14 am
Scrambled eggs, bagels and butter, orange juice and Gatorade, cocoa and watermelon.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 12:26 am
pesek zman wrote:
Too sick to eat 😩

Just wondering why you didn’t break your fast after chatzos especially since this year was a nidche? You weren’t feeling well....

etky

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:45 am
amother wrote:
Just wondering why you didn’t break your fast after chatzos especially since this year was a nidche? You weren’t feeling well....

Because it was nidche, I was pondering taking an Advil with just enough water to swallow it about 3 hours before the fast was over. But I figured I'd just stick it out because after all, it was Tisha B'Av, not a minor fast .
Huge mistake.
For the first time in my life I was too sick to even break my fast (aside from the much needed Advil) by the time it was out.
I almost went to get an infusion because I couldn't even bring myself to drink water and I was also throwing up.
B"h a couple of hours later I was able to drink and eat a little something.
Still not back to myself, at all.
I had something similar, though not as severe, last time the fast came out on Sat. night/Sunday. My theory is that eating that extra pre-fast meal on Shabbat evening - which I am not accustomed to doing (usually all I eat bt. Shabbat lunch and Sunday morning is coffee and a small snack) - overloads my system and then the sudden total deprivation makes me sick.
Also, fasting seems to be getting much harder for me as I get older. It never used to be an issue for me.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 3:18 am
https://www.dioralyte.co.uk/?g.....aw.ds

Next time, pre- and post-fast.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 7:49 am
Lasagna.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 9:37 am
I’m feeling sick just reading what people ate after the fast. I mainly drank hardly ate last night nothing sweet. The hardest part for me is always the next day. Just had a few sips of coffee and don’t have the energy to take a bite of anything.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 9:47 am
This is what I served. We had two kids under 13 and 7 over bar mitzvah, so a lot of people to break their fast. Also the fast was over at 7 so we all ate together, since it was early enough for the younger ones to eat supper. My dd made delicious blended split pea soup. We also had fresh rolls that I baked for the occasion, a simple lettuce salad and a tomato salad because one of my children doesn't like lettuce. My daughter put some leftover techina from shabbos on the table. I also put some pita on the table because I wasn't sure if I made enough rolls. I made about an hour or two before the fast was over a bunch of omelettes and stacked them on top of one another with cheese in between. About 1/3 before the fast was over I put it in the oven to warm up and melt the cheese. The reason why I did that was because I didn't want to be standing over a stove during the meal. For dessert we had delicious chocolate cake my dd also made.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 9:49 am
Green that happens w me too the next day is worse. What I didn't write above is when I broke the fast with Tylenol and ibuprofen it was at Chatzot. I had woken up before 6am with a terrible migraine. I had been dreaming that I was searching everywhere for Tylenol. Stuck it out in bed until Chatzot but my kids needed me and I could barely move from the pain in my head plus it was niddche so at least I think the day after will be better than usual because of not doing a full day.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note