Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Afraid to go into work tomorrow

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:21 pm
I started a new job a few months ago and while some parts I have no idea what in the world I am doing parts of it is so boring and the office is so depressing I find my mind wandering and I feel my self falling asleep.
The other day I was suppose to send confidential documents to two clients and I have this fear I sent them to the wrong person.
I am so scared I have not been able to function and I am afraid to go into work.
Has this happened to anyone and what did you do?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:28 pm
I have tons of work related anxiety.

regarding this specific item re possible mix-up. Do you have the courage to call up one of the recipients to check that they received the package, and found that 'all was in order'.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:42 pm
I worked for a web development company and part of what we did was send out mass emails for businesses. I sent out a mass Shana Tova email to all our clients from our company and forgot to fill in the subject line so it basically said <insert>. Didn’t reflect very well on our company to say the least. I also once overslept and missed a very important client. (Don’t worry these incidents were years apart and at two different jobs. I’m generally a good employee!) And I’m sure other things. We all screw up. I’m sorry you’re so unhappy. I hope things turn out ok!

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
I have tons of work related anxiety.

regarding this specific item re possible mix-up. Do you have the courage to call up one of the recipients to check that they received the package, and found that 'all was in order'.

My other job I was able to do this because my boss is not on top of me but this job I can't do that. I was hoping I would run into one of the clients on the street and ask but didn't happen.
I am monitored so closely that calling wouldn't be a good idea.
I guess I will be a nervous wreck until I get to work.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:43 pm
Dont be scared. If you did it yiu did it. If you didnt then dont.

Boca00

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
My other job I was able to do this because my boss is not on top of me but this job I can't do that. I was hoping I would run into one of the clients on the street and ask but didn't happen.

So stressful!! You're not alone, we've all been there at some point.

Just last night, I sat up at 2am wondering if I messed something up. (I hadn't, BH.)
But today I realized I made a different mistake which is going to give me a headache dealing with it.

Making mistakes is one of the risks of being human, but all things considered, it's still worth it...

I've started monitoring my emails from home so I can check up on things like this and get updated on things without waiting to go into the office next. It's the suspense that does me in.

And just be grateful this wasn't the day before an extended Yom Tov! If you can put it out of your head and remind yourself that life will go on, and what will be, will be...that would be amazing. If not, at least your misery will be over in a few hours...

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 10:32 am
Op, how are you? Was everything ok?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 10:49 am
amother wrote:

if you are monitored that closely - then your level of responsibility is super low. If there was a mistake - its not your problem.

(If I give my admin assistant 2 super sensitive things to send out to different people - I would personally check the envelopes before they go out).

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 10:54 am
I've made big mistakes at each of my jobs. I know that panicked feeling well. I just make sure to own up to the mistake and apologize as much as I can. Bosses hate when employees are defensive.
It always turned out ok in the end.
Sometimes it could be nerve wracking fixing the mistake but it all works out in the end.
Hope your day at work goes well today.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 2:02 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Op, how are you? Was everything ok?

You are so sweet for thinking about me.
So far I didn't hear there was a mistake but I will know probably in the next day or two.
But the funny thing is I messed up at my other job. Scheduled a client and forgot to put it in the schedule and the office was closed. The client traveled for an hour for nothing and has to come back.
My boss will say something but I make very few mistakes at this job so I guess it was time for one.
I just hope I didn't forget any other clients.

Thank you all for thinking about me.

sleepwalking

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 3:09 pm
Op I have the same anxiety even though I work 10+ years there. One solution I found is that I make a picture with my phone exactly what I do (ie I put the paper in envelope take a picture then take a picture of the address then a picture how it's closed like this I can look at it if by night I remember and started getting anxious ( I delete it after a day)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics