Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do you all do it??
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
Op here, wow- thank you so much for all the validation and tips. For the people saying that they had video monitors, can you please tell me which one you got? I've been looking into it and got all overwhelmed by the options and various reviews. Having a monitor would help.

Regarding going to sleep early, if I would I would literally see/spend time with my husband for the 15 minutes he's home for dinner. I don't think I could handle that. He's the only adult I see all day every day. I live in a new city and have no friends here and I work from home. I know, I know, this is a crazy situation.

I do feel much better just knowing that so many of you understand me. I felt like I was the only one who feels this way and felt like I should get it together like everyone else does. I know this will pass and in the meantime I'm trying to enjoy my baby as much as possible.

Isn't New City pretty full with Yidden by now? I'm sure your neighbors would love to get to know you!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
Isn't New City pretty full with Yidden by now? I'm sure your neighbors would love to get to know you!

Not New City. I live in a new city and have no neighbors.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:58 am
Op who watches your baby during the day?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
Op here, wow- thank you so much for all the validation and tips. For the people saying that they had video monitors, can you please tell me which one you got? I've been looking into it and got all overwhelmed by the options and various reviews. Having a monitor would help.

Regarding going to sleep early, if I would I would literally see/spend time with my husband for the 15 minutes he's home for dinner. I don't think I could handle that. He's the only adult I see all day every day. I live in a new city and have no friends here and I work from home. I know, I know, this is a crazy situation.

I do feel much better just knowing that so many of you understand me. I felt like I was the only one who feels this way and felt like I should get it together like everyone else does. I know this will pass and in the meantime I'm trying to enjoy my baby as much as possible.

I feel the same way (mom of 9 week old). My DH comes home from work late, and even though I know I should go to sleep early, I end up staying up because I feel like I need that few minutes to chat with my husband. Otherwise I'll barely see him.

I got a baby monitor similar to this one:
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E.....29454

Good luck! Hang in there!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics