Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Are you a scared parent

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 7:03 pm
I am finding between me and my friends a lot of anxiety around parenting (low 30's) I am assuming that this is coming from information overload and tremendous awareness of how we effect our children's emotional world. I think the saddest part is that parenting has become a stressful chore and the joy has gone out of it (to some extent) I think the two most important things-laughing and playing with our children and remaining calm-are falling to the side in lieu of being that perfect parent. We all want to be calm but with this kind of stress it becomes that much harder. What do you all think? Does this resonate with you and how can we fix this?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 7:18 pm
YES, resonates very much.

I am IY"H going to buy the book Playful Parenting so I can reread it and try to recenter myself.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 8:54 pm
Scared parent is different than perfect parent. I am a scared (anxious/cautious) parent and am more worried/cautious about my children than other moms seem to be. That's just my anxious personality. I got it from my father and his mother; it's certainly not related to information overload. Worriers gonna worry Wink

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 9:30 pm
Throw out your parenting books and zines. Quit reading and start doing what makes sense to you. As long as you keep your kids fed, safe, warm and dry, and let them know you love them THIIIIS much, they, and you, will be fine.

Lily2

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 9:34 pm
Thank you!!!
This is so validating.
Chasing perfection is always stressful.
More important to enjoy my kids, enjoy wonderful experiences together and create warm memories.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 5:23 pm
Thanks so much for your replies!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:39 pm
That's internet.
I ignore what seems scare mongering.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:46 pm
Not the Internet. Parenting courses. Speeches. Books.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics