Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos Nachamu embarrassment!!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 6:06 pm
I am born and bred in NY and never heard of going away for shabbos nachamu being a thing until imamother

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 6:17 pm
It's a marketing thing, like all the other "things" that get started. It's pushed by advertisers and publications who need a reason for seasonal sales and promotions.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 6:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:

How the yeshiva folk and Chassidish crowd can afford these lavish and pricey hotel stays is a mystery.

Hey, not all of us. I'm chasidishe and our Shabbos Nachmi special zach was to walk today to the grocery and let each kid choose a candy.

Seriously.

I think the expectations people have nowadays is ridiculous. I have a SIL who believes that every single day of Chol Hamoed they MUST do major trips. And during the summer as well.
Me? Chol Hamoed is family time. Late mornings, big meals, lots of visiting.

It's about learning to appreciate life for life.

Fox

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 6:44 pm
Well, now we know the truth about all those MIA Imamothers we all miss. They were outed as repeated homebodies and are hiding from public condemnation.
😁

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 6:46 pm
At least now I understand the thread about looking for a place for Shabbos -- I was so confused. Like do you have a purpose for traveling? All my hotel stays have been to see specific things, do specific things, or see specific people. Never heard of going to hotel just to go to a hotel. Get a cleaning crew and have them clean the house, do the laundry, and change the sheets, order dinner and voila, hotel experience plus a clean house for a fraction of the price Smile

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 7:42 pm
No idea. I’m an old-timer and to me Shabbos Nachamu is THE Singles Shabbaton of the year. Once I met dh, going away for Nachamu was ... redundant?irrelevant?... unnecessary, at any rate.

simba

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 7:45 pm
amother wrote:
I stay home - but to get that 'go away feeling' we heat our choulent on a hotplate in our bedroom.

Your funny! I would ask you for your SN but I wouldn't want to risk future shidduchim for your kids!

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:00 pm
I’ll raise you one further. Not only am I not going away for Shabbos Nachamu, I never have AND I’ve never been to a bungalow colony.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:04 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I’ll raise you one further. Not only am I not going away for Shabbos Nachamu, I never have AND I’ve never been to a bungalow colony.

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

Now that's just SCANDALOUS.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:06 pm
OBnursemom wrote:

*PSSSTTTT.... Are you sure you want to admit that under your screen name? You can go back and edit and save face...*

good-gal

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:07 pm
I remember last year we were In the grocery erev sh nachamu , And we met another couple (who also stayed home nebach)
They looked at us and wispered “if u won’t tell, we won’t tell..! Was too cute!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:25 pm
OBnursemom wrote:

Haha I’m from so far “out of town” that I didn’t even know which “town” that phrase referred to until high school. In my early 20’s I was set up with a guy who tried to impress me by telling me about how many bungalows his family owned and I was like, “cool, what’s a bungalow?” (Alas, we were not meant to be.)

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:52 pm
Quote:
Well, now we know the truth about all those MIA Imamothers we all miss. They were outed as repeated homebodies and are hiding from public condemnation.
Or entered the Witness Protection Program.

soap suds

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:52 pm
OBnursemom wrote:

Hey, me too! And I'll up you one too - All that plus I've never gone on vacation either.

Can anyone beat that? We should have a contest.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 8:54 pm
This will seriously date me so I will be anon... but way back in the 70's (imagine that!) I was an "out of towner" spending some of the summer in EY and met up with some girls (I think they were at or had been at Machon Gold) evidently from New York.

That's where I first heard that we "always go to the 'country' for Shabbos Nachamu."

WWG1WGA

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 9:08 pm
amother wrote:
I stay home - but to get that 'go away feeling' we heat our choulent on a hotplate in our bedroom.
best line today LOL LOL

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 9:18 pm
soap suds wrote:
Hey, me too! And I'll up you one too - All that plus I've never gone on vacation either.

Can anyone beat that? We should have a contest.

You've also never washed your dishes.

(Mine either.)

Still waiting for that...

Yes, yes, you know who I am....

enneamom

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:

(Mine either.)

Still waiting for that one.

Not creepy at all, wine. Not creepy at aaaaallll....

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 9:26 pm
enneamom wrote:
Not creepy at all, wine. Not creepy at aaaaallll....

No. Not at all.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:

(Mine either.)

Still waiting for that one.

Hey, hey, we all know who you are. this is not a novel concept on ima at all. can you ladies stop the bickering here & head over to MY bungalow to wash the dishes please?
because this too shall pass.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics