Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What annoys you most?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 6:46 am
etky wrote:
And people who hesitate at the very top or bottom of an escalator.
Hello - the escalator doesn't stop just because you got off. There are people right in back of you who need to get off!

Haha. DH and I were once in Penn Station and this girl gets to the top of the escalator we were on with her suitcase, just stops right there, and pulls out her phone. Literally steps off the escalator and pulls out her phone without taking another step and a moving escalator full of people behind her.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:13 am
When someone's done with their shopping cart so they just put it behind the car in the spot next to them so now the OTHER person has to move it before they pull out!! So obnoxious!!!

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 7:30 am
Nail clipping on the subway is my biggest pet peeve.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:03 am
Very annoying when people text and walk. They are obviously distracted, and wander slowly and aimlessly, blocking sidewalks and busy crosswalks.

Can't you put your stupid phone away for 2 minutes?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:08 am
DrMom wrote:
Very annoying when people text and walk. They are obviously distracted, and wander slowly and aimlessly, blocking sidewalks and busy crosswalks.

Smombies. Smart phone zombies.

mom39

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 8:49 am
people who double park to wait for somebody - esp when there is a place they can pull into!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:39 am
inconsiderate things. People who leave their stuff on the checkout conveyor belt and run to get something when other people are waiting. Those who never taught their kids manners, or never clean up after their kids. Chewing with the mouth open. Changing their babies on other people's couches or anywhere other than the bathroom or where host asked you to. Sticking their own fork or spoon into the serving bowl. Licking your fingers at the table or in the kitchen and then touching the serving bowl or serving spoon. Not washing your hand before you prepare food for others. Not washing your hand when you come in from outside- ie: dh's (who are hosting) who shook all the mens hands in shul, come home on shabbos and don't wash their hands with soap before touching the challah that everyone will be eating. changing your kids diapers and not washing your hands afterward.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:43 am
People that complain about other people’s manners.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:45 am
What annoys me is ppl who are shmoozing in the pool while taking up an entire two lanes. I want to do exercise but cant be in the lap lane so if I only get to use the free lanes and the pool is already packed, please stand at the end if u just want to shmooze.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
People who post about things I do.

embarrassed

I never complain about anything Coffee does. I love Coffee; Coffee is the best.

(check your color)

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
People who complain all the time.

This, Thank you

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:48 am
It annoys me when people pass a door before me and don't leave it open. Hey I'm standing right behind. Even with a stroller people just bang the door right in front of you! How hard is is to hold your hand a second longer at the door

rachel6543

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:07 pm
People who’s smoke in non smoking areas! So gross!!!!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:14 pm
Trolls.

Cyberstalkers.

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:39 pm
Debbie wrote:
When I move aside to let someone pass and I get neither a 'thank you' nor an 'excuse me.'

but it's worse when, right after you let them pass, they go and block you! It happens in the car, in the grocery store, even in line.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:27 pm
People who complain about they're kids in front of people who dont have kids.

People who eat with their mouths open.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:41 pm
The WORST is when people have conversations on their cell phone when they are in public like a store, waiting room, bus etc... it is sooooo annoying. I really don’t have to hear the drama that you had this morning with your Moishy nor am I interested in your insurance saga. Why do you think it’s okay to shmooze with Nechama while you do your whole shabbos order? Hang up and call her when you get home!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:43 pm
DrMom wrote:

They now added these “look” signs on the floor on the sidewalks before you cross.

There are so many hysterical videos going around of people texting and crashing into things- like a water fountain, tree.....

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
inconsiderate things. People who leave their stuff on the checkout conveyor belt and run to get something when other people are waiting. Those who never taught their kids manners, or never clean up after their kids. Chewing with the mouth open. Changing their babies on other people's couches or anywhere other than the bathroom or where host asked you to. Sticking their own fork or spoon into the serving bowl. Licking your fingers at the table or in the kitchen and then touching the serving bowl or serving spoon. Not washing your hand before you prepare food for others. Not washing your hand when you come in from outside- ie: dh's (who are hosting) who shook all the mens hands in shul, come home on shabbos and don't wash their hands with soap before touching the challah that everyone will be eating. changing your kids diapers and not washing your hands afterward.

You really got a list there!!!

simba

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:51 pm
I'm generally forgiving and not really a complainer yet this morning I was Shopping in the Ave. 3 women and their strollers parked in middle of the sidewalk shmoozing. I'm glad they have time and who to shmooze with. It would simply make it easier for logistics if they moved over to the side of the road so other humans (who may also have strollers) don't have to try and squeeze through or around or over there important conversation.

Next time your shmoozing on the Ave with your friends please be so kind to move over to the side and allow for others to pass freely. Much appreciated!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette