Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training at 23 months

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:41 pm
Did anyone train at 23 months. What was the experience? Did you work full time? How long was it until your child told you that she needs to go the bathroom or went on her own and was more or less accident free without your constant reminders?

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:45 pm
Some kids are ready then. Some are most definitely not. If your child is showing signs of readiness before 2, go for it, but if not you’ll probably regret it. Sorry I don’t have more practical advice.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:52 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Some kids are ready then. Some are most definitely not. If your child is showing signs of readiness before 2, go for it, but if not you’ll probably regret it. Sorry I don’t have more practical advice.

She is constantly taking her diapers off. The minute after she goes dirty she tells me mommy I made stinky. She tells me mommy I need to make toliet - but when I put her on she is scared and cries and wont sit normal. I do not believe that she actually has to go when she says but more that she associates the concept with being big. Whats really holding me back is that I work full time and I do not believe at this age a child can be ready to go do daycare in underwear after three days and her morah will tell me "whats ur rush, shes so young" and wont work with me.

finprof

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:56 pm
My DD was potty trained around then. She started showing interest at 18 months because her older brother was potty training. We basically just did a naked 3 day weekend and it was done. The hardest adjustment was getting her daycare to remind her to go because they were not used to kids that young being potty trained!

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
She is constantly taking her diapers off. The minute after she goes dirty she tells me mommy I made stinky. She tells me mommy I need to make toliet - but when I put her on she is scared and cries and wont sit normal. I do not believe that she actually has to go when she says but more that she associates the concept with being big. Whats really holding me back is that I work full time and I do not believe at this age a child can be ready to go do daycare in underwear after three days and her morah will tell me "whats ur rush, shes so young" and wont work with me.

I read your other post too. If she isn’t excited to sit on the toilet and cries about it, plus her teacher won’t work with you on it, I would wait. She doesn’t really sound ready to me honestly. I would let her/mildly encourage her to sit on the toilet with no pressure whenever she wants to though, so she begins to get more comfortable with the idea (maybe with a potty seat). But I would keep her in diapers and not push or rush anything.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:22 pm
My wise sister in law (hi if you recognize yourself!) says “poopy diapers are gross, but poopy pants are worse”
Don’t rush it if she’s not ready.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
My wise sister in law (hi if you recognize yourself!) says “poopy diapers are gross, but poopy pants are worse”
Don’t rush it if she’s not ready.

How about poop on the kitchen table? She stripped naked, climbed on the table and had an accident there!!! My son ran to tell me that "nechama is in a tushy" I ran to find her and it was too late Help

pause

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:53 pm
I have done it. PM me for specific questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training