Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Paint night - help choosing a picture!

seeker

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:10 pm
I'm running a small paint night - I know I can do it, I just have this terrible indecision issue. Whenever I'm faced with an infinite choice, I never get off the ground. I have no shortage of ideas for a painting that would be pretty but fun and simple for beginners to follow, and if I didn't have any ideas then of course the internet has plenty. So me plus the internet... help, I don't know where to start!

Any advice? Or experiences - have you gone to more than one paint night and have any observations of what types of pictures are the most fun to create and/or the nicest to want to hang in your home? Or have you observed that certain themes are overdone and I should steer toward something new (are sunsets cliche? I've also seen a lot of flowers and birds on branches... I don't want to do something that's been done too much all over the place.)

I want to get down to 2-3 distinct options and then I'll present those to the invitees to vote on a final choice. But infinity to three is quite a way to go.

enneamom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 11:13 pm
I think there are a lot of sunsets done because they're easy and come out pretty. Then, a black silhouette in front of the sunset is simple to do. It can even be done with stencils, with everyone choosing a silhouette they like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics