Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for parents...watched my kids for a week
1  2  Next

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 10:43 am
I just git back after being away from Sunday night. My parents and siblings (unmarried....I am the oldest) watched my three kids. Any good gift ideas? I am getting Mani pedi gift certificates for three girls. Youngest sister I bought her a pillow that she wanted . My parents are hard. They have everything they want and would never use a restaurant gift certificate. Any ideas....they got lots of pix from my trip and have lots from my kids so photos are not needed either.....

simba

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 10:44 am
Can you offer to pick up Shabbos for her from a takout so she can relax after the hard week?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 10:47 am
My mother is like superwoman....I am actually going to her for shabbos. She cooks at 5 am. And she has cleaning help.... etc.

She hates take out food. I am making two dips for shabbos....

I was thinking donething for her house like a Chanukas habayis cuz they moved a year ago and didn't put one up yet. Any ideas who has nice modern ones?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:15 am
How about a gift card to a home good kind of store like Greens or Glitz?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:18 am
flowerpower wrote:
How about a gift card to a home good kind of store like Greens or Glitz?

She would never use it. She ttly doesn't than any patience to decorate....she is a workaholic. My father was the one who did carpools and probably watched them.more along with my siblings.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:45 am
What about a digital picture frame? They have ones that connect to the internet so anyone in the family could easily post pictures. My parents LOVE theirs.

Is there any time of home accessory like pillows for the couch or soft blankets they would enjoy?
A nice serving platter? Something that makes cooking easier like immersion blender, instapot etc.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:52 am
Can I borrow your mother?

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 11:57 am
I have the same situation, my mom moved into my house for 2 days. She has all she needs and im also going to her for shabbos..I got a nice card and getting a flower arrangement for shabbos.. She loves flowers

esther11

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 12:57 pm
I know you said she has photos already, but what abt a personalized photo gift? Like a wall calendar with pics of all the grandkids (or just ur kids!). Or a photo computer mouse, coffee mug, to go cup, etc

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 2:18 pm
esther11 wrote:
I know you said she has photos already, but what abt a personalized photo gift? Like a wall calendar with pics of all the grandkids (or just ur kids!). Or a photo computer mouse, coffee mug, to go cup, etc

I tried that a few times but she looks at it once and doesn't really appreciate it.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have the same situation, my mom moved into my house for 2 days. She has all she needs and im also going to her for shabbos..I got a nice card and getting a flower arrangement for shabbos.. She loves flowers

Good idea. Maybe I will get flowers....they just have so many since bh my sister just got engaged and her flowers are still nice.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 2:27 pm
A buttersoft set of linen for your parents master bedroom.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
Good idea. Maybe I will get flowers....they just have so many since bh my sister just got engaged and her flowers are still nice.

But this one is different...its a token of appreciation right on the spot. Or a personalized something...a front rug or mugs ...

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 4:39 pm
A beautiful set or linen
Or
A gift certificate for your parents to a fancy restaurant

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:29 pm
Wow lucky you. Can you host your siblings for a night or two so your parents can have a break?

familyfirst

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:01 pm
Hope you realize how lucky you are... even if your parents and sisters enjoyed it.

YHM

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:23 pm
Gift certificate for a massage.

LittleRed

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 7:36 pm
Does she like to read? Maybe a new book or cookbook that just came out.

Teomima

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 4:27 pm
Digital picture frame? With so many photos, might be a nice way to see the pictures without having to open an album. My parents have one and the grandkids love watching it switch between all the images of family members and memorable vacations.

rowo

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 6:39 pm
Finding the right gift to give can be so hard.
I once signed my parents up for a weekly flower delivery, so it was more than just one bunch of flowers
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics