Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Is leaving a bad review a chilul Hashem?
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:20 pm
Dp

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:23 pm
amother wrote:
where should I look?

The pasuk is לֹא-תֵלֵךְ רָכִיל בְּעַמֶּיךָ is that what you are referring to?

Sefer chofetz chaim, klal daled, se'if gimel.

עמיתך - עם שאתך בתורה ובמצוות.

Leriem

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
I had a very unprofessional experience with a non Jewish healthcare practice. They were unfair and rude. I would love to leave them a horrible review online. Would this be a chilul Hashem? They know I am frum.

Why don’t you do it anonymously? You will be helping others, Jews included, to avoid having the same bad experience.

trixx

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:29 pm
The only way this would be fair, loshon hara or not, is to write all the details so someone reading it can decide whose side they want to take.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:39 pm
Dp

debsey

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:42 pm
Why not write up a letter with the review you would have left in it, send it to them saying "this is the review I would have left, had I been the type of person who leaves negative reviews. since I'm not, I'm just letting all of you know that this type of review is headed your way in the future from someone else, if you don't change the way you operate."

You look classy, give feedback in your own name, and put them on notice that they live in a world where their conduct can be commented on and it will hurt them where it counts.

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Jul 27 2018, 5:51 pm
What did the doctor do? Was it the dr or office staff?

Fox

Post Sat, Jul 28 2018, 11:14 pm
I'm curious, OP, if you contacted the practice manager or owner to discuss your dissatisfaction. If so, did you make it clear to them what you wanted, or was it just a vent?

Complaining about a business or professional without first approaching them privately to attempt to make the situation right or at least apologize is beneath contempt, regardless of whether or not the key players are frum Jews.

If you approached someone in authority with your complaint and received poor treatment or disdain, then it's a different matter. I won't say that there is never a circumstance when a negative online review is appropriate, but it's pretty darned rare and should be an absolute last resort.

Personally, I'm waiting for a website that allows businesses to warn one another about undesirable and dishonest customers. I recently fired a client, and I wish I could warn my competitors. None of them deserve the mayhem this organization will bring them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics