Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
A mouse!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 1:22 pm
soap suds wrote:
I'd debate the word easiest. Most effective, perhaps.

Not my cats - they love mice. Our house backs onto a park and we often get mice in the fall. My cats will find the mice, but never actually do anything to them. They’re content to just look at mice. Makes them easier to catch, though.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 4:26 pm
We used glue traps.
We saw that the mouse tended to come from the dining room but it would leave the room so for a few nights, we lined glue traps in a row across the dining room entrance way and sure enough, it was caught one morning.
It was gross but at least it was gone.

We also caught a few babies that way.
Just remind your family not to step onto the glue trap in the morning.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
Not my cats - they love mice. Our house backs onto a park and we often get mice in the fall. My cats will find the mice, but never actually do anything to them. They’re content to just look at mice. Makes them easier to catch, though.

Sounds like your cat isnt hungry. Cats that are kept as "mousers" are fed a minimal diet.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:00 pm
Unfortunately your mouse is really nice— as PC this might sound, they really do look alike. Cats are the only thing I have found to be successful. And you get to have a sweet pet too. Instead of multiple uninvited and undesirable “pets”. And kitty can be well-fed. It’s their instinct to go after the mice. They don’t eat them.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Jan 05 2019, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds like your cat isnt hungry. Cats that are kept as "mousers" are fed a minimal diet.

Yes and no. I’m sure they’d look at mice differently if they were hungry, but they go for birds if given the chance. I think they just prefer birds. (PSA: they only go outside in the backyard for about 30 min a week and have bells on their collars - we don’t want them catching anything!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics