Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Jansport backpacks

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 5:58 am
Are they out? In?

Please don't tell me it doesn't matter. I care, on my daughter's behalf. She is very particular on the print she wants and we found a Jansport online that she likes, but I don't want her to come to school and find that what she has is not in keeping with what others have.

Third-grade, not in NY, though I do find the styles trickle down.

Thanks!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 7:30 am
3rd grade dd in ny here... She got jansport last yr and will be using again this yr (and was on sale as old print!)
It's important to me that my daughter keep up but she saw and liked it while out random shopping so why would I say no? Her school IS the joneses but my daughter is pretty confident. I can't tell you for certain you will be the coolest since I know there are expensive ones children get(forget the name with the monkey...!) but she said girls had this one last yr... So my guess is there's a range of norm.

dv

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 7:52 am
Dd in 3rd grade in NY...I got 1 for her last year in a print she likes and it holds up really well and will be using it again this year...the girls in her grade don’t have 1 specific brand they use...

bsy

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 10:08 am
My sister used one this year in 8th grade and is using another jansport for 9th. It's probably not the coolest but not nerdy either.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:28 pm
Thank you all of you who responded! So I get the sense that it might not be the most cool backpack but it's definitely within the norm. Which is good enough for us, considering that we are not in NY (trickle-down is still only that, in fact a too-expensive/cool backpack would possibly stick out too in a not good way) and she really loves this one. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics