Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Have you been to Eretz Bereishis? other places in Jerusalem?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 6:36 pm
Please share your experience in that place. https://www.funinjerusalem.com.....****/
What exactly do you do/see there? Is it appropriate for a Chassidish family? and is it suitable for a 3 year old? How long is the camel ride?

Thank you so much!

edited to add:
Also, would you recommend the Bloomfield science Museum for a chassidish family, the youngest being 3? https://www.itraveljerusalem.c.....seum/

Any other suggestions for places to visit?
Thanks again!

simcha2

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 7:49 pm
When you get there you are greeted by a actor dressed as Eliezer Eved Avraham. He talks to you about the area at the time of tanach. Then you take a camel ride to ohel Avraham. Camel ride is maybe 5 or 10 minutes, a three year old can definitely go. (It was the highlight of my 2.5yo trip to Israel).

In the tent you meet "Avraham" who tells you more about the land etc. You are served tea, coffee and fruit so you can make a bracha.

Then you make pita bread on a fire and eat it (there are places to wash), then you take a camel ride back.

We enjoyed it. It was amazing to have places in tanach pointed out, but it is definitely a little kitschy.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 8:00 pm
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 9:31 pm
Hi was just there two weeks ago with my family and they did not let kids under 4 years old on the camel my 2.3 year old went in the golf cart with my husband and met us up on top of the hill they were really strict about the ages but had a great time

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
Please share your experience in that place. https://www.funinjerusalem.com.....****/
What exactly do you do/see there? Is it appropriate for a Chassidish family? and is it suitable for a 3 year old? How long is the camel ride?

Thank you so much!

edited to add:
Also, would you recommend the Bloomfield science Museum for a chassidish family, the youngest being 3? https://www.itraveljerusalem.c.....seum/

Any other suggestions for places to visit?
Thanks again!

I was there with quite a few family members. We all walked away with good memories.
I think it was one of the best places we went to in EY. Swimming in the Kinneret is also awesome.

MyUsername

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 10:39 am
I would recommend the science museum. Also the aquarium.

If you don't mind outdoors, the zoo is great too.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Aug 04 2018, 7:00 pm
I greatly appreciate all replies!

Thanks for the suggestions! ! ! ! considering all of them!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
Hi was just there two weeks ago with my family and they did not let kids under 4 years old on the camel my 2.3 year old went in the golf cart with my husband and met us up on top of the hill they were really strict about the ages but had a great time

Wow, that must be a new policy. When we went there several years ago, I rode the camel together with one of my children who was only just turning 2.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

salt

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 6:14 am
Teddy Park - near Jaffa gate is amazing - kids of all ages love it!
There are sprinklers/fountains that get switched on every 2hrs - for about 15/20 mins,
11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm - and kids run in and out of the water.
Almost everyone there is fully dressed - you may sometimes find little kids there in swim suits, but I've seen many chassidish families there.

jkw

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 7:30 am
Volunteer at Ohr Meir U Bracha. Listed under volunteering in Fun in Jerusalem. Rewarding for the entire family
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions