Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you wash your dishes?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:19 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

Wow, I really love sharing this personal and crucial information about my life with you guys. I feel so vulnerable, but closer to you all.

Rolling Laughter
Will a Hug make you feel better about sharing?
(I have a shita not to hug posts)

enneamom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:22 pm
I don't understand this culture where the women wash dishes. It's so objectifying. What are we, dishwashers?

I say, if you want my food, wash the dishes yourself!

I'm only half joking BTW...this is a cause I can really get behind

Last edited by enneamom on Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
Oh, doing dishes here is a breeze. I have 7 buttons inserted in the sides of my sink - each one a different color.

One for "delicate dishes" - glassware, china, silver
2nd button for cutlery
3rd button for plates
4th button for cups
5th button for bowls
6th button for miscellaneous items
7th button for pots

I press a button and whirrrrr a metal hand pops out from a hole in the counter, grabs the liquid soap (Fairy) squeezes soap on the right sponge needed, another metal hand opens the tap for water, and both hands grab hold of the specific items they wash - soap, scrub, rinse, place in drainer, and presto within minutes dishes are sparkling clean and draining in drainer.
After dishwashing is finished the metal hand scrubs the counter, rinses off soap and water.

Then it places liquid soap in place, rinses sponge under water, closes tap, and hand goes back into its hole.

NEAT.

It's a bit of a pain in the neck b/c one of us has to remember to press the right button otherwise some dishes don't get washed. It's happened often, that we were about to eat a meal, and no plates - forgot to press button to wash plates.
Everyone was grumbling and my daughters commented that it would be quicker and easier if they themselves washed the dishes.

and you can't have ALL 8 hands working at once!!!! Mad Exploding anger Exploding anger

I tried it once, and don't ask the disaster shock - cutlery clanged into plates, pots smashed glassware ... tapwater shot out at high speed flooding the counters, the floor, the kitchen cupboards and everything and everyone within a 5 mile radius.
We were left with a pile of glass shards, shapeless cutlery, mangled pots, smashed plates, crunched up bowls ...

I still have nightmares from that horror scene - I see lots of metallic hands clawing in my direction, and it happened about 4 years ago ... in my dreams[I] Wink

Since then I only use disposables. Smile

OMG. thats so tough Sad. how long did it take you to recover from the trauma? do you mind sharing if you did CBT & a blow by blow account of each session?

So so glad you discovered a solution though! wow! disposables. blessed should be the inventor.
eta: oy vavoy, I see you still have nightmares Crying

enneamom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:26 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
OMG. thats so tough Sad. how long did it take you to recover from the trauma? do you mind sharing if you did CBT & a blow by blow account of each session?

So so glad you discovered a solution though! wow! disposables. blessed should be the inventor.
eta: oy vavoy, I see you still have nightmares Crying

I hear she's doing somatic thingy.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:43 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I take my rings off. No gloves. Warmish water, not hot, because our sinks aren’t kosher. I prefer to be listening to a podcast at the same time. Then my husband wants to talk to me and I can’t press the off button on my headphones because my hands are wet. So I’ll try to listen to both at the same time. Or he’ll turn off the headphones for me. But then when he’s finished talking pressing the headphones won’t always turn on the podcast again. Sometimes I’ll have to dry my hands, take out my phone (tucked into my skirt because most of my clothes don’t have pockets), unlock my phone and restart the podcast. It’s a whole big thing.

Wow, I really love sharing this personal and crucial information about my life with you guys. I feel so vulnerable, but closer to you all.

... and probably just then the phone rings and your little one tugs at your skirt whining that she wants an ice-pop, and your 7 year old son come in with a verrrrrry solemn expression on his face. "Whatsamatter???" you yell. He by mistake left open overnight the cage containing his 6 hamsters and they are NOW running loose around the house, and then ... you feel something furry crawling up your leg, and, you let out an EAR-SHATTERING SHRIEK!!!!!, and ... everyone freezes...

... and then suddenly a not too happy voice calls out, "Hello! Hello!" from the loudspeaker of the phone that one of your family members answered and left on the table which is right near the sink.
It's your machateiniste - your daughter's future mother-in-law!!! and everyone freezes a second time, well your dh and your kallah do anyway, while your son is trying to revive you from the stupor you've sunk into by holding a hamster near your face and stroking your cheeks with the hamster's tiny feet... talk about kibbud eim - he's the future gadol hador, mark my words! BE'H.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:56 pm
[quote="gamzehyaavor"]OMG. thats so tough Sad. how long did it take you to recover from the trauma? do you mind sharing if you did CBT & a blow by blow account of each session?

how can you be SO heartless? Don't you have an ounce of rachmanus in your dishes? Crying Crying Crying I still haven't recovered from that trauma, and you ask me if I get blow after blow after blow by my sessions at my shrink?
Ain't I sufferin' enough??? Crying Crying Crying

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 12:25 am
[quote="amother"]
gamzehyaavor wrote:

how can you be SO heartless? Don't you have an ounce of rachmanus in your dishes? Crying Crying Crying I still haven't recovered from that trauma, and you ask me if I get blow after blow after blow by my sessions at my shrink?
Ain't I sufferin' enough??? Crying Crying Crying

I am so so so so so sorry. will you ever be moichel me?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 4:37 am
enneamom wrote:
I hear she's doing somatic thingy.

I love all imamothers.
Especially the ones who make me laugh.
Most especially the ones with a wicked sense of humor.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
I love all imamothers.

likewise
its mutual.
love amother

enneamom

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
I love all imamothers.

Wicked sense of humor, that's me. Twisted Evil I love you too, I guess...whoever you are...

pause

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:29 pm
This totally sounds like another shaila for my Rav. It's mammish not pashut this ma'aseh. LOL

greengrapes

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
... and probably just then the phone rings and your little one tugs at your skirt whining that she wants an ice-pop, and your 7 year old son come in with a verrrrrry solemn expression on his face. "Whatsamatter???" you yell. He by mistake left open overnight the cage containing his 6 hamsters and they are NOW running loose around the house, and then ... you feel something furry crawling up your leg, and, you let out an EAR-SHATTERING SHRIEK!!!!!, and ... everyone freezes...

... and then suddenly a not too happy voice calls out, "Hello! Hello!" from the loudspeaker of the phone that one of your family members answered and left on the table which is right near the sink.
It's your machateiniste - your daughter's future mother-in-law!!! and everyone freezes a second time, well your dh and your kallah do anyway, while your son is trying to revive you from the stupor you've sunk into by holding a hamster near your face and stroking your cheeks with the hamster's tiny feet... talk about kibbud eim - he's the future gadol hador, mark my words! BE'H.

Im literally laughing out loud!!!!

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 5:57 pm
[quote="amother"]I love all imamothers.
Most especially the ones with a wicked sense of humor.[/quote

Totally agree! I gotta love this thread!!! I’m terrible with dishes. Granted, my dd does it mostly, besides the pots and complicated stuff. Dd was in camp, dishes was a total disaster! Thank god she is home already 😁. She knows how much I appreciate her help. She enjoys dishes.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 6:00 pm
Also, my cleaning lady helps Friday a lot with the dishes. The best thing ever!!!

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 6:07 pm
I see I'm very passionate about this subject Very Happy

I have a dishwasher but it’s broken. I really should fix it. It’s very expensive though. Maybe it’s equivalent to the money that I’m paying the cleaning lady for a long time already Mad

happymommy6

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 6:23 pm
We use dishes made of ice:)

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 6:28 pm
happymommy6 wrote:
We use dishes made of ice:)

mind if I play jewish geography a little? are you by chance related to Penguin Imamother?

simba

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:45 pm
Can't we talk about happy things?
I can't give any examples at the moment because none are available but I'm sure you creative ladies can do better then this.
Maybe, where do you hide you gushers so your kids won't find them?

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:53 pm
The real question is how do you dry your dishes? And how do you prevent people from using your kids' bath towels to do so?

simba

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:57 pm
soap suds wrote:
The real question is how do you dry your dishes? And how do you prevent people from using your kids' bath towels to do so?

That's a ridiculous question. We can assume some people here wash dishes but no one dries them. They do that themselves! It's like washing the car after a rainy day.. completely redundant. Yes
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry