Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you allow your child to go to a trampoline park?
1  2  Next

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 10:43 pm
My son's day camp is going to a trampoline park on Thursday. I've heard of people who have been seriously injured from trampolines. Should I let him go?

benny

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 10:51 pm
Yes!

Queen6

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 10:54 pm
Please do. Your child can get hurt on any trip during any activity....

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 11:02 pm
Yes. They love it.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 11:06 pm
I would allow my kids to go on any trip the camp takes them to. I personally think a waterpark is more dangerous than a trampoline park. Trampoline parks are a ball of fun. They can get injured wherever they go... I never heard of someone getting injured at a trampoline park.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 11:09 pm
the following was being sent around this past friday:
If you can, please say tehillim for dena bracha bas zehava, who fell at a trampoline place yesterday and broke her neck. She is having a five hour surgery right now to iyH repair it so that she can walk again...

I keep thinking of her and davening for her.

etky

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 12:49 am
At the very least, I would call up and ask about safety regulations at the park.
Water parks are regulated and have safety procedures in place - not sure about trampoline parks.
That aside from the fact that trampolines are considered inherently unsafe for children by the American Academy of Pediatrics, especially when several children use the trampoline simultaneously.
A google search will easily yield statistics about injuries incurred by trampoline use, at home and at trampoline parks.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 1:57 am
Kids have also been injured in those bouncy houses.

I have gone with my grandchildren to trampoline parks but then, it was with the parents so we had enough supervision to make sure that everyone was behaving in a safe manner.

Does the camp do anything to ramp up supervision for field trips such as getting mothers to volunteer to come along? Does the park itself hire more supervision when large groups come?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 2:11 am
southernbubby wrote:
Kids have also been injured in those bouncy houses.

I have gone with my grandchildren to trampoline parks but then, it was with the parents so we had enough supervision to make sure that everyone was behaving in a safe manner.

Does the camp do anything to ramp up supervision for field trips such as getting mothers to volunteer to come along? Does the park itself hire more supervision when large groups come?

If your child has recently healed from a broken bone, it is advisable not to send him.

If your child has a history of more than one broken bone, he can break one from the impact of someone elses jumping.

If your child has had a broken bone and cavities despite good oral hygiene he has a predisposition to break a bone on a trampoline.

Just because most people can tolerate the impact of a hard bounce, does not mean it is safe for all.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 3:24 am
Yes I would let. Accidents happen at all venues. Amusement parks, water parks, indoor soft play places etc.
I got injured at an indoor place and needed surgery and couldn't walk for a few years. I still would let my own child go there on a trip.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 3:42 am
Ask how big it is and how many children will be there. Many accidents happen from overcrowding.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:18 am
amother wrote:
the following was being sent around this past friday:
If you can, please say tehillim for dena bracha bas zehava, who fell at a trampoline place yesterday and broke her neck. She is having a five hour surgery right now to iyH repair it so that she can walk again...

I keep thinking of her and davening for her.

Just to clarify about this story, she bH did well in surgery. This girl has had previous back surgery in the past and I think therefore was at a higher risk for injury.

This is not a typical situation!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:28 am
I would, even though I cringe when I sign the waiver form stating that I won’t hold the place responsible if my child gets hurt.

Like driving a car... accidents every day! Flying in a plane, boating, swimming (you know how many people drown every day??)

Safest thing is sitting home and reading a book....

worldpeace

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:34 am
My son just went to one with camp
Seemed very safe , string rules like only one kid allowed on each trampoline at a time
There are tons of trampolines

watergirl

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:44 am
To the amother who has never heard of anyone getting injured from trampoline parks, here are just the top articles: (yes I let my kids go, I cringe when I sign the waver and cross out anything that I dont agree to wave them of, which many people dont realize is legal. My kids go once a year, with camp).

https://www.google.com/amp/www......html

http://m.fox19.com/story/24648.....uries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....34126

https://thestir.cafemom.com/pa.....ngers

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 8:19 am
I work in a hospital and I've seen several people who broke bones at trampoline parks. That being said, I would absolutely let my own child go, you don't want to be "that mother" whose kids miss out on all the fun stuff that all their friends get to do. They will grow up to resent you.

Stars

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 10:06 am
I would let but I would be fearful. Water parks don't scare me as much, for some reason. They have lifeguards all over, and put a lot of safety precautions in place. Trampoline parks not so much.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 10:20 am
I don’t know if I would let my child go or not, but I’m kind of surprised at all the posters saying that they would let their kid go just because they don’t want to be that parent that doesn’t let.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 11:08 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
I don’t know if I would let my child go or not, but I’m kind of surprised at all the posters saying that they would let their kid go just because they don’t want to be that parent that doesn’t let.

I think exactly one poster said they don't want to be "that mother". Where are all these posters you're referring to?

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
I think exactly one poster said they don't want to be "that mother". Where are all these posters you're referring to?

You’re right, I guess it was more the amount of posters who said they do think it’s dangerous but would let them go anyway.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics