Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Linen from "next"

ludicrous

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 10:14 am
has anyone bought linen from next online?
I saw a nice set of linen on their website but when I measured my duvet cover to see what size to order, the sizes on the size chart didn't match up to my duvet cover.
are the beds in the UK different sizes?
thanks

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 10:22 am
I've got loads of linen from my dh European grandma. Beautiful but just wrong size Sad. Pillows are huge squares. Duvets are narrow... And no fitted only flat sheets. That's my experience. Maybe others will have more info

ludicrous

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 5:03 pm
bump

zgp

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 5:28 pm
I seem to recall from seminary that American duvets are more square than European ones. English duvets are about the shape and size of a bed eg single is 2 meters by 1 meter. Pillows I think are the same - again English pillows are a rectangle about 90 cm by 50. Sheets nowadays are fitted but child size sheets may be less deep in the elasticated part. Another thing is that in England often you get pillow cases with sheets to match bottom sheets and another set of pillow cases with duvets to match duvets.

I had the opposite problem. Someone gave me American linen and it was too short and wide for my duvets and pillows
Is that what you wanted to know?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics