Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Fun day trip with kids

mommy24

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 8:08 am
Can anyone please help. We are looking for new ideas for a fun day trip for kids ranging from 15 to 2. Anywhere in tri-state area is good. Anything goes, but something we can do that it's possible for everyone to enjoy, in all the age ranges. TIA!

sky

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 10:31 am
Fort Mott\Fort Delaware - great trip. Take ferry to tram to old fort. Great picnic area near parking with old buildings to explore and water. Give yourself a full day.

Atlantic City Recyling Plant Tour - As crazy as this sounds my kids loved it. The recycling plant is much better then the wind farm\water treatment. We spent a few hours there. YOu get a private tour of the dump, watch the recycling process, picnic area with small cute playground. http://www.acua.com/community-hub/tours/

Governors Island

Duke Gardens - Nice grounds to walk on and cheap bike rentals (only larger size bikes)

Diggerland

Cape May Zoo

sky

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 11:02 am
County and local fairs. My kids enjoy these very much and we don't even do the rides. there are great shows, give aways, animals, demos. WE just went to the Monmouth County fair (also cheap!). I try to look out for when they happen.

Canoeing - Would you trust your 2 year old in a canoe. There are many places that are flat water : Princeton Canal Canoeing, Turkey Swamp Park Canoeing. On flat water I would take a 2 year old, but not down stream canoeing (fun for older kids).

mommy24

Post Sat, Aug 04 2018, 10:02 pm
Thank you so much! Wikk be looking into them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics