Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
NY/NJ shopping challenge

rosey

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 10:20 am
I may have a few hours in central/northern NJ this week to shop (I don't really know where I am:), but I'm about 30min from either Passaic or Monsey, I think, although I guess that's NY.

I'm desperate for clothes, Shabbos, but also weekday, and Shabbos for school aged girl would be a bonus.

What stores/area do you recommend? I did a google search on Monsey and there seemed like so many stores I don't know where to go with limited time.

I'd like a classic, maybe business casual, look. Plain and comfortable. I'm in my mid-40s if that helps, and tired of looking like I'm in my 30s (since the last time I seriously shopped I might have looked that way.Wink

Thanks for any advice!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 10:24 am
You can go to Town Square and check out Children's Outlet and Lulu for your daughter, and Genuine for yourself. Genuine is expensive though. Across the street in the Monsey Hub is Ruthie's which is cheaper and has tons of items.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:24 am
In Passaic there's one kids store and 2 women's stores. All are on the same (long) block and you can get to all quickly. Hosiery Planet is for kids and Daniella's and Pink Orchid are for women. Daniella's is a bit smaller but also a bit more reasonably priced, they have funny hours so check that they're open when you want to come. Pink orchid is bigger and also has a wider range of prices. Personally I like the owner at Pink Orchid's taste and she knows not to show me anything too expensive.

In Monsey you have a ton of options. They have 2 discount kids clothing stores, Designer Spot and Children's outlet. I do well there for weekday and if you don't need current styles you can do well there for Shabbos. If you want current styles try Polka Dot or Lily and Todd (hosiery planet in Passaic carries a lot of the same things as these 2 stores but the Monsey stores are bigger). For women, I like Blew and Ruthies.

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:52 am
Garden State plaza Mall in Paramus. Between the two. Right off route 4. But it's closed on Sunday bc of blue laws. But you'll have tons of options in the mall. Jersey is the land of malls. Another great Mall. Is Jersey gardens outlet, in Elizabeth (exit 13a off turnpike) about an hour from Monsey, but lower prices and lower tax. Might be worth it

rosey

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 1:00 am
thank you all for your replies. they've been very helpful!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics