Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Are all/most cleaning ladies like this?

Leriem

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:40 pm
Just wondering, how good is your cleaning lady? I find that every one I try, does a pretty lousy job, is lazy. Had a new one this week, thought she was good, but after she left, noticed all the corners of my floors were still dirty (she just gingerly pushed a mop around) and she left my stairs unvaccumed! Is this typical? Should I say something next week about how she didn’t do a thorough cleaning? Or am I expecting too much?

frumPA

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:42 pm
I went through 3 months of trying new ones every week till I found someone I stuck with and yes that is pretty typical.

esuss

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:50 pm
I would just point out what she missed and check her work right when she finished that job. Maybe she can learn how to do a better job and you will be happy.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:51 pm
How much are you paying her and does she have time to scrub all the corners of your stairs?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:52 pm
Hire someone through a cleaning agency/company.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 7:55 pm
Some are well meaning, but don't know what to look for. Like any job, some people can learn on the job and some can't. But don't expect her to read your mind. Point things out to her, and if it doesn't work out after a few weeks you need to think about if it is worth it. But give her a chance by giving her constructive feedback

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:04 pm
I've yet to find a perfect cleaning lady...some are better then others. But basics should be that they wash the floor, vacuum, clean counters, bathrooms. If your house is very messy and she is only by you for a limited time it may be she didn't have time to get to the vacuuming?

I don't think you can judge by the first time really.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:05 pm
I find that today's cleaning ladies are lazy & don't know how to clean so well. The Hungarian & Polish women we used to have did the best job ever. Most of the good ones find better paying jobs (in my community), like taxi drivers, waitress, they work In stores...

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 8:36 pm
Train. Show her what you want then leave her to do it. Review her work and point things out.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 9:05 pm
I’m anonymous because I say this all the time:
YOU NEED TO SHOW HER!
You can’t expect them to know exactly what to do just because they need the money and looking for a job....
Yes, some are definitely lazier than others but you need to train her....
And after you train her, if she still can’t catch on, then you’ll know you need to find another one....

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
Train. Show her what you want then leave her to do it. Review her work and point things out.

Yes you have to train them in.
Be very polite, and generous with payment, but make it clear what you expect from her.

It can take a nice few months until they learn the ins and outs of your home.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:49 pm
You have to tell her exactly what you need her to do. Check her work and point out the issues. Make sure to compliment her when she does a good job.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 12:09 am
I’m training mine for over a year already. I show her that the wall is dirty and if she can please wash it. She says “sure”. After She leaves I see it wasn’t washed. Same with the chairs. I show her every week where it needs a good scrubbing. Yet it doesn’t get done. She is already considered semi decent from all the ones I tried. I have a neat house. All she has to do it wash it up. Yet she doesn’t wash under the beds or wherever it’s dusty.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:02 am
Most people who are motivated and hard-working find jobs that are better-paying and have more potential for advancement that housecleaning jobs.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 3:19 am
DrMom wrote:
Most people who are motivated and hard-working find jobs that are better-paying and have more potential for advancement that housecleaning jobs.

Not in Israel. Cleaning is a better paying job than a lot of things.
I haven't been able to find someone who is thorough and reasonably quick.
I had one who was amazing; there was not a speck of dust in my entire apartment, but she worked for 9.5 hours in my not that large apartment. I couldn't afford that.
Yes, you have to train a cleaning lady and show her what is important to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry