Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving in your third trimester or with a newborn

itsmeima

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:21 pm
I'm debating what would be easier, moving now in my third trimester or with a newborn.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:25 pm
Please not with a newborn. I made that mistake and my post partum recovery took months instead of weeks. I know a few people that gave birth the day they moved because the packing and preparing for the move put them into labor.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:36 pm
I'm with u thunderstorm! I moved with a five week old, had 102 fever and strep the day of the move. Was sick like a dog... It took me months to fully recover from that birth.. I don't recommend it at all!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 12:51 pm
I moved when I was 8 months pregnant and BH the move went so smoothly. It probably would have been a disaster if I would have waited until my daughter was born. I would definitely recommend moving now while you are still pregnant.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 1:06 pm
100000% in third trimester.

I did it. I thought it would help me give birth on time. Nope, despite all the moving action I was two weeks late and induced.

MUCH better to have moved and started settling in by the time baby is born.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 1:17 pm
Moving is so stressfull, add a newborn & postpartum mom to the mix, it's a recipe for disaster. Definitely move before the baby!

emunahmother

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 1:22 pm
I’ve done it in my 9th! I can’t imagine after. After having a baby all I ever want to do is sleep and eat just like them 😂.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 2:45 pm
I moved in third trimester and was so happy it was before baby came. I think baby was born exactly 3 weeks later.

chatz

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 3:29 pm
Hands down third trimester.

I've moved twice when in my 9th month.

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 3:39 pm
Neither, but if you have to, third trimester. I wouldn’t be up to it postpartum, not for months. On the other hand, I’m a creature of habit, and I need MY practice of people that I know and MY hospital. Starting over at the end of my pregnancy would not be okay with me, and you might even have trouble finding a new doctor or midwife when you move.

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 5:00 pm
I moved in my 7th month. Baby was three weeks early but I don't think one had to do with the other.

Now we're moving again and I'm thinking back on that move and how everything went so smoothly. And practically stress-free (we rented in the same neighborhood as our old place).

Just don't have any expectations and get as much help as you can! And don't do heavy lifting if you're pregnant.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 5:42 pm
Third trimester for sure!!
Worst case scenario baby will come a bit early 😃

BH5745

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 6:28 pm
BH I've had the experience of moving with a newborn and third trimester. The easiest was the latter, because with a newborn you have much less time to unpack, sort and organize. Also, the business of moving and excitement made me feel less anxious while awaiting the new baby.

pooki

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:06 pm
Moved in my ninth. Was so nervous I wouldn't be unpacked before the baby came, I did it myself in 2 and 1/2 days

Dolly1

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 10:50 pm
Def before the baby is born. I moved with a four week old, I survived but it was murderous!!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 09 2018, 11:06 pm
I moved with a 2.5 month old. I have no idea how I did it. Then again, I'd probably say the same for a third trimester move.

lech lecha08

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 1:06 am
WE made aliya with a 4 month old and moved again with a 6 week old. I would definitely choose pregnant over newborn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating