Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$90 minimum for kids shoes?!?!?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 7:45 am
seeker wrote:
Another vote for Nordstrom.

Some shoes, like Venettini, once you know which style fits your kid you can often order the next size up each time online from cheaper sources.

No need for the scorn, everyone, it happens to be that some kids have more complicated feet and need that professional fit. One of mine needs it every time, whenever I try to shop for her on my own I end up frustrated, wasting a whole lot of valuable time, and many times I ended up in Brooklyn anyway, praying for a break on an older style. I don't know what people do who aren't familiar with the Brooklyn option. Maybe their feet hurt all the time? My other kid is a little tricky to fit but we have gotten lucky in mainstream stores sometimes.

For those who can access them, there are a number of below-retail outlets from the Brooklyn/Monsey stores in the Catskills right now. It would be nice if they had an outlet in Brooklyn year round...

I never purchased my kids' shoes online.

I had them professionally fit every time I purchased shoes for them.

I never bought them shoes in Brooklyn. I never bought them European shoes. In fact, European shoes didn't fit 3 of my kids, who had chubby feet (none of them wear wides at this point, though.)

If you happen to be in NY, the places for properly fitted kids' shoes are Harry's and Tip Top. We also did Nordstrom, and mostly Stride Rite.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 8:16 am
kenz wrote:
My daughter is in camp now with her last year's Venettinis so I can't check the size - she's currently wearing a size 7 ladies, which I think is comparable to a 37 or 38. Can anyone confirm? Should I buy both? Nordstrom does have a good return policy.

7 is 37

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 8:47 am
I also bought a cheap shoe sizer for kids so that I can order online for them.

happy12

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 9:06 am
bsy wrote:
Boutacelli is royal family shoes company

Dont think so. I have bought them at precious step and 14 ave center. My children are now grown but I bought most of their shoes on sale. Naturewalk and precious steps used to hav basement sales and 14 shoe center puts sale items out. The secret is my children did not get shoes for september and pesach.
They got clearance shoes in july and chanuka time.

bsy

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 9:41 am
happy12 wrote:
Dont think so. I have bought them at precious step and 14 ave center. My children are now grown but I bought most of their shoes on sale. Naturewalk and precious steps used to hav basement sales and 14 shoe center puts sale items out. The secret is my children did not get shoes for september and pesach.
They got clearance shoes in july and chanuka time.

It's their company and they sell it to other stores.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:25 am
learn to measure properly yourself; buy only leather; find sales ... no need to spend over $35

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:31 am
DD just bought DGS Naturinos for $17 at Century 21

kenz

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:46 am
ra_mom wrote:
7 is 37

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:57 am
Royal shoes has 3 companies: boutachelli, Ralph migel, and Giovanni. They are better priced than the other European companies. In Williamsburg they have an outlet store where you can find great shoes for $40.

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 11:34 am
Chayalle wrote:
I just ordered shoes for my 10 year old DD from Nordstrom Rack. I spent $100 for two (weekday and Shabbos) delivered to my door. I know her size, and they had venettinis on sale.

I've actually done better than that sometimes, but not sweating it. Time is also money.

Last year her winter Shabbos Shoes were 19.95 on Zaras. They were adorable wine t-straps, and they lasted all winter, and are still in good condition but she has outgrown them.

For the summer, I got her Hoo shoes (Spanish company) for Shabbos and Weekday from Nordstrom Rack. IIRC the Shabbos shoes were $45 and the weekday sneaker shoes were $25.

Chayelle, it's crazy that we don't know each other IRL. I just did the exact same thing. I bought a similar shoe to what she wore last year, a half size up and a size up. They have a great return policy, so I'm set.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 11:47 am
kenz wrote:
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

I know it's confusing but I just want to add that a 37 European is equivalent to a size 7 US ladies and a size 5 US big girls.

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:04 am
Zehava wrote:
Probably their own
The other brands they carry tend to be more like 80$ so if itโ€™s around 60$ chances are itโ€™s their own brand.

Boutacelli is theirs

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:09 am
No reason to spend that much.
No reason to buy these flimsy fancy shoes except "fashion" (I think hideous or outrageous on little kids).
Yes, get them professionally fitted but many stores will measure your kids. Many will fit better and last longer. Many of those fancy Brooklyn brands have thin soles...

salt

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:59 am
I really don't think the professional fitters are really professionals. It's not that difficult to feel where the toes are.

You can do it yourself.

I second the posters who order online from Next.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
You can buy a Brannock device (aka foot measuring thingy) for $55 on Amazon. Measure your kids' feet at home and order online. You will save a lot of time and money.

I have one (bought used on eBay Wink ) BUT every single brand runs differently, and even within the same brand! My daughter is between a 13 and 13.5 in shoes, depending on the pair, and one pair she tried on in a 13 was too big. Another brand (European sizes) was too small on the smaller pair and way too large in the bigger pair.

I wanted a pair of Clarks shoes for myself and I ordered a few pairs. I only liked one in looks. But that was the same size as the others but was too big vs the others that were sized right.

So it's a start, but not foolproof Smile

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 6:16 pm
Has anyone bought from the boutacelli brand for this season?
Where is royal family shoes located- Boro Park or Williamsburg? Or both?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:33 pm
Chayale, Iโ€™m pretty sure hoo shoes is a Frum company.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 7:42 pm
When I order online I end up returning most shoes I order because my kids have narrow feet. Nothing fits at payless. Shopping at the mall and department store is a pain for me so I end up going to a local store that is known for their great sizing and customer service and they have shoes as little as $60 (teschers in lakewood)

itsmeima

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:05 pm
I love Zara and Targets shoes.

chummus

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:18 pm
Dsw.com or nordstromrack.com
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics