Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ketogenic diet on shabbos?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:26 am
Anyone doing Keto on here?

What do you do about Shabbos? You MUST eat matzah - does it kick you out of ketosis?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:27 am
My daughter is doing it for her epilepsy. She doesn’t have matzah. She’s only allowed 15 g of carbs a day.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
My daughter is doing it for her epilepsy. She doesn’t have matzah. She’s only allowed 15 g of carbs a day.

Thanks, but it's probably different than my case. I'm doing it to lose weight. I doubt I'll get a heter not to wash on shabbos. From what I've read about keto and epilepsy, going out of ketosis could be dangerous for your daughter, right? So it probably makes her "eligible" for a heter not to eat matzah. I don't think I'd get a similar psak. I'm overweight,but not dangerously so.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 11:31 am
Yeah, I usually eat some multi grain bread. I did not get a heter to not wash. There are some really low carb bread, but I'm not sure if they are hamotzie or not as I haven't look into it. ( maybe not? It's all a lot of almond flour?).
Keto cholent is great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise