Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/o shoe shopping

esuss

Post Fri, Aug 10 2018, 3:52 pm
I am wondering if anyone out there has a recommendation for shoes that will accommodate orthotics for My DD 14 who is going into high school. She wears orthotics for very flat feet. But has hard time finding shoes she likes that the orthotics fit into. Until now the only shoes that worked are vanettinis with the elastic strap across it. Now that she is going to high school they are too juvenile. I have gone into frum shoe stores in past, bought shoes for $100 because they told me they will work but she was so uncomfortable that she never wore it.

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:59 am
I've been wearing orthodics since 7th grade. I find they can fit into basically everything. I avoid very flat or open shoes because they have little support. Shoes that are higher cut, like loafers, work well. I find oxfords (lace ups) to be very comfortable, particularly the ones made by Born.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 2:11 pm
Look for ones with removable insoles.

esuss

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 2:43 pm
Thank you for your replies. Do you know brands that have worked for you? She is still child size.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 7:43 pm
For my kid that wears orthotics I get high tops or booties. Those are the only thing that fits right for her with the orthotics.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics