Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kids home for 2.5 weeks after camp. VENT! Any ideas?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:34 pm
Daycamp ends on the 21st. School starts on the fifth. What am I doing with my kids home for that long? Hubby and I both work. Cant camps shlep for at least an additional week?
This is absolute crazy planning on the schools/camps part.
Some pity here please, my dear overpriced daycamps!
Sighhhh.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:39 pm
That sounds so so hard. I don't know what I would do. I only have boys in school and they all start school tomorrow . I actually feel bad that they don't have a longer summer break.

mha3484

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:54 pm
My kids have the next two weeks off. This is a bad year because the high school boys go back to yeshiva tomorrow. The boys camps here are staffed by rebbeim who need to prepare for the new school year and high school girls don’t want to entertain elementary aged boys. It really stinks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
Daycamp ends on the 21st. School starts on the fifth. What am I doing with my kids home for that long? Hubby and I both work. Cant camps shlep for at least an additional week?
Sighhhh.

We have this too but it works out to be 2 weeks with the same dates as above.
I'm paying a lot for a week of fun camp in Brooklyn.
And the other 2, half weeks, dh and I will be juggling. (Wed, Thurs, Friday - then a week of fun camp, and then Mon and Tues the following week.)

We have this every year. 11 weeks of summer vacation and only 8 weeks of camp.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:01 pm
My kids are off from now until September 4. Not all of them at the same time, but boys have two weeks off and girls 2.5 weeks, and a week of that is overlap. AND I have a newborn b”H! So we’re doing a lot of errands and a lot of projects and praying for patience...

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
Sighhhh.

Where are you located? Maybe someone can recommend gap camps.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:05 pm
My kids are also off 2 weeks! The chutzpah is that some schools are starting the week before, the end of august while some are starting after Labor Day!! What can't all schools start the same day? I hear in Brooklyn schools are starting end of august.

mha3484

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:08 pm
In chicago We are starting end of August due to the early yom tovim. I imagine next year will be back to September.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
And the other 2, half weeks, dh and I will be juggling. (Wed, Thurs, Friday - then a week of fun camp, and then Mon and Tues the following week.)

For some reason their between camp and school vacation this year feels longer than usual.
Can you tell me about this brooklyn funcamp?
Is the price more expensive than regular daycamp (which ends up being about $200 a week from 9:30 to 4, plus tips).

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:16 pm
mha3484 wrote:
In chicago We are starting end of August due to the early yom tovim. I imagine next year will be back to September.

Most chassidish schools start at the end of August this year as well, but my kids are in a Bais Yaakov.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Where are you located? Maybe someone can recommend gap camps.

I live in Brooklyn, and would be open to traveling anywhere within a 20 minute drive.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
For some reason their between camp and school vacation this year feels longer than usual.
Can you tell me about this brooklyn funcamp?
Is the price more expensive than regular daycamp (which ends up being about $200 a week from 9:30 to 4, plus tips).

It's pretty expensive but I don't have a choice. Monday to Thursday 10-4 in Flatbush for $195.
Boys ages 3-7. Girls entering nursery to entering 7th grade.

mmyy

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Could you pl share more info. about the fun camp, location, hours ext...

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 1:58 pm
mmyy wrote:
Could you pl share more info. about the fun camp, location, hours ext...

Thanks!

Funtastic
718-785-7306
Monday to Thursday August 27 to August 30
10:00am - 4:00pm
$195 for the 4 day week
Young Israel of Flatbush @ 1012 Ave I

Call or text the number above to register.
I'm not sure if they have pay by the day this year but they usually do for a higher fee per day.

I've sent for years and they're responsible, well run, have fun activities, shows, keepsake arts n crafts, provide lunch and snack.

LoveHashem

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Sighhhh.

Can’t either you or DH plan your vacations for that time, so you can do some fun family time? How about their grandparents, or other parents who are home? I’m always shocked when I see rants about parents not wanting their kids at home,,,,

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 3:13 pm
LoveHashem wrote:
Can’t either you or DH plan your vacations for that time, so you can do some fun family time? How about their grandparents, or other parents who are home? I’m always shocked when I see rants about parents not wanting their kids at home,,,,

Most people plan their vacation days for you tov. And the thousand other days that school has off/ half day. I love my kids at home, it just makes it really difficult to earn a living. Most mothers need to work to pay the bills. Thanks for the judgment, though.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 3:30 pm
my dh's vacation days are set aside for y"t and chol hamoed. Anything more then that it's unpaid leave Thankfully I'm a SAHM so I'm fine having my kids but feel for working mothers

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 5:01 pm
LoveHashem wrote:

So kind of you to assume that
1. my childrens grandparents live in new York
2. That we don't need to work to pay bills, and can just take off easily to go on vacation after shelling out thousands for daycamp.
3. That I would dump my kids on other "parents who are home " for two weeks.
Im glad your pocket allows for you to vacation whenever you please, and I apologise if you found my rant offensive. But seriously, lady!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 5:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Funtastic
718-785-7306
Monday to Thursday August 27 to August 30
10:00am - 4:00pm
$195 for the 4 day week
Young Israel of Flatbush @ 1012 Ave I

Call or text the number above to register.
I'm not sure if they have pay by the day this year but they usually do for a higher fee per day.

I've sent for years and they're responsible, well run, have fun activities, shows, keepsake arts n crafts, provide lunch and snack.

This was very helpful!
RA MOM you are an awesome encyclopedia for everything!
Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 12 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
This was very helpful!
RA MOM you are an awesome encyclopedia for everything!
Thanks.

My pleasure, I'm happy to help other working moms. Before this place opened their in between camp (or before I knew about it), the juggling was much harder so I understand.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries