Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is a TTI BA useful?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 8:15 pm
My post seminary daughter doesn’t know what she wants to do in terms of her future career. Is a TTI BA accepted by Sarah Schenirer, just in case she decides to go through them? I know that people generally have a hard time getting Touro to accept a TTI degree...

Is it worth it for her to get her BA through them if she doesn’t know if she’ll get her Masters in anything? Opinions, please...

DVOM

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 8:29 pm
My husband was told not to even bother applying to Touro with his TTI BA, but got into several very prestigious masters program with his TTI degree, including a very competitive program at Columbia University. If your hooked on getting into a Touro masters program though I would go to Touro as an undergrad.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 10:24 pm
I have a few friends who did it and they definitely had trouble further on(having to retake certain credits,didn’t help with jobs etc. on the other hand it depends what she wants to eco because for some degrees it doesn’t matter. I went hrouh mallot Baltimore(yes I know its far) but bh me and my friends who did it had a lot of success with it.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:33 pm
I know a few people that could not get into Touro from a tti bachelors. It is because of competition not because the degree is no good. I know people that had no problem getting into very good masters programs (downstate and Columbia) with a TTI bachelors. Obviously they had top grades and did very well on the GRE.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 9:46 am
It is not very useful unless you just need the BA for your current job. I know many who couldn't get into graduate programs with it. The few that get into great ones are getting near perfect GREs.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:55 pm
People get into Touro with it, too. It's a scare/marketing tactic to get people to come to Touro for undergrad that they say they won't accept a TTI BA. Touro has even been known to try to recruit from TTI's undergrad program for some of their Masters degrees.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics