Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Apple/ fruit cobbler

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:54 am
Has anyone successfully frozen already baked apple/ either fresh apples and or with fruit filling cobbler? If so how to reheat without being soggy?

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 7:14 am
Yes. I peel, core and slice in half an apple. Coat with a thin layer of oil dip into cinnamon/sugar mixture. Put a delicious piece of chocolate dairy or pareve in the center of each half and wrap the entire thing in a large yitzys square. Place seam side down. It now can be frozen. Brush with eggs before baking. I did that this week. It's sooo delicious!

abound

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 7:39 am
SOUNDS DELICOUS!
is a yitzys square a piece of flakey dough or another kind of dough for those of us who do not live in the US?
Choc and apples? I never tried that how is it?
Do you freeze after you bake or before?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 7:48 am
abound wrote:
SOUNDS DELICOUS!
is a yitzys square a piece of flakey dough or another kind of dough for those of us who do not live in the US?
Choc and apples? I never tried that how is it?
Do you freeze after you bake or before?

She means a flaky dough square.
Also, based on what I read you can probably swap the chocolate for a caramel cream.
Tweety wrote you can freeze it prepared and raw and only do the egg wash before baking it .

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 1:21 am
thunderstorm wrote:
She means a flaky dough square.
Also, based on what I read you can probably swap the chocolate for a caramel cream.
Tweety wrote you can freeze it prepared and raw and only do the egg wash before baking it .

Yes. They sell in the US flaky dough squares. Big ones and small one. Pre-cut. Exactly thunderstorm. I prepare the whole thing, freeze it and only do the egg wash before baking. I'm telling ya! It's delicious!!
I never tried caramel cream. It's a lot messier probably than just a piece of chocolate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes