Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Jiminy Peak

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 11:48 am
Anyone go to Jiminy Peak? I know it's good for my older kids but is there enough for a 3 and 5 year old to do? how many days do you need there? is Sunday to Monday enough? It's $18 from 2-6. Is that enough time to do everything at mountain adventure park? and on Monday do the rope course? where is a good hotel to stay in ? Are there minyanim? Is it crowded and long lines? thanks a lot

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 6:47 pm
I was there this week Sunday.The place was empty and we had a great time.
They have a small rope course for the younger kids. Doesn't take more than an hour.
The younger kids would enjoy the coasters and some other rides but if there are no lines it takes a half a day.
We were pleasantly surprised to find a chabad minyan and pizza on premises. They open Sunday at about 5 o'clock.
There are many hotels in the area. We opted for Vacation Village of berkshires because it was very clean and spacious although not the cheapest.
Hope that helps.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 11:02 am
Thanks a lot! That's a big help! So u think half a day on sunday is enough to do everything? Is there other things to do in area for Monday? Thanks

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 6:37 pm
Anyone else have information on jiminy peak?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 1:04 pm
We just came back from Jiminy Peak so I figured I'd update my post. It was not crowded and the lines were not long yesterday. there was not much for my 3 year old to do -just the bounce house. My 5 yr old was able to do the trampoline bungee jump herself and could sit on my husbands lap for the alpine slide. My big kids loved the alpine slide and mountain coaster and zip line. We spent a whole day monday at mountain adventure park and did the rope course (ariel park) on sunday for 2 hours when we got there. the chabad is right there and opened at 12:30 on monday and we got pizza and ice cream. my husband davened at the chabad and on sunday we had a barbque and went swimming by the hotel. we stayed in vacation village a 2 bedroom suite which is right there. we had a great time and tons of frum people there. on the way home we stopped at a waterfall bish bash falls a 20 min hike to falls.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:53 pm
1) The 2 hotels right by the foot of Jiminy are very expensive, (forgot names) I believe there are a lot of other more affordable.

2) crane museum is very interesting, only if you will sit and watch the movie how they make money and put all security features.

3) horse back riding - needs more research , if you never rode or stopped years ago you need a begginers place. Also for married ladies, they advise go ony last day when you are ok to "stain"

4) there is a peak with stunning view, I think 40 minute drive from Jiminy peak. forgot details. If you go on certain days you also see a lot of gliders- paragliders I dont know names - I assume sundays they fly more of these things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics