Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What Percentage of income is tuition?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Moonlight

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:26 am
amother wrote:
Just curious why u don't take advantage of QTR which is a totally legal way of having it husbands school pay tuition to ur children's schools. And this way, u can LEGALLY be eligible for programs. Also does ur husbands school do parsonage? That saves me thousands. My income is 130k per year, but due to parsonage and QTR we are eligible for Jerseycare for my kids

Not every school offers qtr.
It is a.pretty grey area and some accountants are wary of it

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 8:28 am
amother wrote:
That's really not normal. I think you should really fight back. What are you supposed to buy groceries with?

That's a very good question. Like I wrote above, we get some family help, but mostly we owe a lot of money. In the last week, we got: one letter from one school that our children are not accepted back for next year, constant irate phone calls and letters from other schools about how much tuition we owe from the past, just to give you some recent examples. We also took out loans in the past to help us live, so now we are paying a nice chunk of our salary just to pay back loans. Like I wrote, I recently went back to school in order to change career paths, and to get a better job so that hopefully I'll be able to pay some of this off in the future. But this issue still keeps me up at nights.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics