Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Teacher unable to provide his family w/ basic necessities

Yael

Post Sun, Aug 19 2018, 9:17 am
I was visiting a Brooklyn apartment of someone I know well. She has a family of 11 children. My heart went out when a child took out a tomato from the grocery box and the mother said she does not have enough. It's only for shabbos, she said. The child obediently put it back. This happened in front of my eyes. This was the last straw.

I CANNOT SEE THIS ANYMORE!

The temperature of the water for the bathtub is set for so low!
A/C is set to barely remove some of the humidity!
In the winter the heating is only set to a frigid temperature that they walk with 2 sweaters and sneeze a lot. One child took much longer to recover from the flu because of the extreme cold there.

About the parents: The father holds a melamed job but is way underpaid. As you know, some chadorim pay very little for melamdim. (It depends on the neighborhood.) The mother holds 2 difficult home jobs but people lost interest in one of her services. Mother has diabetes but stress is increasing her sugar levels.

On top of all this the little income this family has still needs to cover a tutor for one of the 11 children that is so weak in her studies that her school refused to keep her unless her parents pay for a private tutor. There is no scholarship or sponsor for the tutor that was required.

Click here to donate NOW

Every little bit helps.

To read about their plight click here:
https://thechesedfund.com/caus.....abbos

As in other campaigns Chesed Caring has handled, we will manage the money so it is used for nutritious food and utility bills only and she can keep the house at a decent temperature.

To send a check directly by mail please write it to:

Chesed Caring Inc.
12 Heyward Street,
Room 309,
Brooklyn, NY, 11249

On the memo line you may write "Melamed"

Sponsored Post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics