Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Mortified!!!!!!!!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 11:54 pm
Today, my male coworker (Jewish but not frum) came over to my desk to work on a project with me, then abruptly left. He intercomed me a few minutes later to say “actually, I think we’ll work on the project tomorrow morning.”

I bought takeout at my lunch break, and the Hispanic workers at the store were smirking at me and winking at each other the whole time. I was like, “I’m hot!” And felt kinda cool about it. (I’m pathetic, I know.)

I went to a big frum shopping center and took care of some errands, also during my lunch break.

As I was walking out of the office, I realized that the button by my bra on my new shirt had popped open, and I was flashing part of a boob at THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!

embarrassed

Please make me feel better!! Can’t stop thinking about it and feeling awkward.

Anyone have any wardrobe malfunctions to share? I can’t be the only one who this has happened to.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:09 am
That is embarrassing!!! The only way to feel better is to not think about it.

This Shabbos my special needs daughter pulled off my wig in front of my in laws and many other people. It took me a few minutes to put it back on because she was holding it so tight! It was mortifying but I just ignored it. It was amusing to see my mil smirk but no one made an rude comments thankfully.
(I shave so it is very unacceptable and embarrassing for this to happen)

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:21 am
I have a cousin who was walking down 13th avenue with a special needs person who got very upset and ripped her button-down shirt completely open...

...And I was once getting out of the car at Babies R Us and had my entire skirt fall down. I hope no one noticed!!!!!!!

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:25 am
Oh my! I’m cringing for u op!! I’m sure he realized ‘twas a mistake.
I once had a brand new maternity skirt fall down on a quiet street leaving me with pantyhose on! Bh the block was deserted besides for 2 women but ‘‘twas also embarrassing!
Another time I saw a lady on the street with the entire back of her skirt stuck in her panty, leaving the actual panty exposed! She was too far for me to make her aware and save her tho!!! Poor woman
Don’t worry ppl have short memories (I hope!!!)

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:37 am
amother wrote:

Another time I saw a lady on the street with the entire back of her skirt stuck in her panty, leaving the actual panty exposed! She was too far for me to make her aware and save her tho!!! Poor woman

Yeah, saw that once on 13th ave. But I was on a bus, passing. Cringed for her.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:40 am
OMG Hug

dovebird

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:41 am
Got up on a Jewish bus and my dress was staticky and was allll the way up. The girl behind me was nice enough to pull it down...
I’ve had other things happen too but this is the most recent.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:45 am
I was once walking past a whole line of people who were waiting to get into the main area of a NYC show. Thankfully after walking halfway down, someone had mercy and stopped me to tell me that the back zipper of my skirt was open. At least it was winter and A) I had been wearing a coat up until that point, B) I was wearing black opaque beneath that open zipper (light gray skirt so open zipper very visible embarrassed ).

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 1:10 am
I used to pump breastmilk at work. And since I had a small supply, I had to pump every two hours, for a half hour each time. For months. My office door didn't have a lock on it, because my boss was a paranoid psycho who thought none of us worked hard enough.

I think the entire office - all 50 of them - had walked in on me at some point. I joked that I could never quit, but everyone had some serious blackmail material.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 1:45 am
we women at least should tactfully as possible let one another know in the situations where we are unaware

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 2:49 am
It happens ...
My mother's friend was wearing a beige skirt on 13th avenue.
Someone called her to tell her that there was a red spot on the back............ LOL embarrassed

newmom770

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 2:59 am
Oy that is super embarrassing.
I think you should try not to think about it as much as possible, try to act like it never happened. Your feeling of mortification will lessen with time.

moonstone

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 3:19 am
newmom770 wrote:
Oy that is super embarrassing.
I think you should try not to think about it as much as possible, try to act like it never happened. Your feeling of mortification will lessen with time.

Right, try not to think about it (easier said than done, I know!) . Your coworkers definitely know you didn't do it on purpose. Pretend it never happened.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:11 am
Oy gevald!!! I would also be mortified. But these things happen and this too shall pass.
My DH had a frum female coworker call him on his extension to ask him if he could tell the boss that the fly of his pants is open. She is his assistant and was working together on a project and she felt bad and awkward at the same time. She felt he should know so he wouldn't feel stupid the next day. So my DH went to have a chat and then made like he just noticed "oh by the way your fly is open". And the boss said "oh thanks. It's good it's only you, that would be embarrassing"

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:16 am
Another story: DH and I were sitting in our car in our driveway . Our neighbor was sitting at the top of her steps ( about 15 steps up ). Her son was standing behind her asking her for something and whatever she said made him go ballistic. He grabbed her turban and through it down to the ground and she was completely shaved and she knew my DH saw the whole thing.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:39 am
I got my snood caught on a low hanging branch and it came off. There were some people around, but most of them in cars, so I'm not sure who actually saw.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 7:44 am
Honestly, we’ve all had some embarrassing things happen to us.
I try to erase those things from my mind.
You just have to keep on going... I guess you can try not to wear button shirts without something under in the future. Today you will show up at work looking pretty and dignified and whoever saw your open button yesterday will hardly remember and wonder if it really happened. Be strong, these things happen to all of us.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 8:17 am
Had my skirt tucked into my pantyhose all the way up! Thankfully somebody alerted me immediately after stepping out of my house.

Also had my back skirt zipper open once and pranced the street for hours until 2 nice ladies stopped me and told me! Thank you to whoever you are!!

rgr

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
I used to pump breastmilk at work. And since I had a small supply, I had to pump every two hours, for a half hour each time. For months. My office door didn't have a lock on it, because my boss was a paranoid psycho who thought none of us worked hard enough.

I think the entire office - all 50 of them - had walked in on me at some point. I joked that I could never quit, but everyone had some serious blackmail material.

Completely illegal if this was in the US. Employers are required to offer a private place to pump

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:05 am
I was once pushing my child on a swing in the park and my wig fell off. There weren't many people around fortunately.

My daughter is 20 months and 90% weaned but still likes to stick her hand into the top of my shirt to feel my b00bs. She does this in public and sometimes makes the buttons pop open.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics