Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep .... ?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

BA

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:04 am
Where do you keep kids napsacks?
I was thinking let's answer and ask more "where do you keep" questions for some good ideas and lots of organizing.

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:11 am
We put them on the floor of the coat closet.

Where do you keep dolls and stuffed animals ?

Where do you keep wet or dirty shmattes?

pizza4

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 1:23 am
I keep briefcases on low hooks in the coat closet.
Dolls and stuffed animals in a huge plastic container in the playroom (and another for dress up stuff.)
Where do you keep kids arts n crafts till you disappear them?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:13 am
Knapsacks on hooks in coat closet. Crafts on bulletin board in den.

Where do you keep your vaccum?
Where do you keep magazines?

BA

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:24 am
our Dolls and stuffed animals are also in a large size plastic bin.
Crafts get hung on the wall till they fall and get swept into the garbage. Standing crafts go in the breakfront.
Vacuum used to be in the laundry room but now it's in the garage.
I don't use shmattes because I don't know where to keep them. Would love some ideas!
Same with magazines. I don't have them because I don't know where to keep them

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:29 am
magazine rack...but it clutters the living room and I don't like it.

children's pictures and crafts get thrown out (admire them, keep them for a day or two or at most until shabbos)

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:30 am
where do you vegetables that don't go in the fridge ? (onions, potatoes, etc)

salt

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:37 am
sirel wrote:
where do you vegetables that don't go in the fridge ? (onions, potatoes, etc)

In a vegetable rack like this:

https://www.amazon.com/4-Tier-.....+rack

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:47 am
I have a rack like that, but I don't have a good place to put the rack. It sort of sits under my kitchen table now.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 2:59 am
Kids knapsack - on coat tree or under it
Vacuum in linen closet - so does my mother. I never thought about that. I assumed that is where it belongs!
Potatoes and onions in fridge🙈
Arts and crafts table/fridge
Where do you keep your husband's tallis/tefillin?

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:17 am
what happens to potatoes in the fridge?

talis tefilin- on a shelf in the coat closet.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:21 am
Where do you keep clean laundry that hasn't been folded yet if you don't have a laundry room (folding righy away is just not viable for my family).
School backpacks go in a corner off our living room during the week and bedrooms on Shabbat. Not ideal but works for us.

Wish I had a good place for talis - no room in our coat closet.

sirel

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 3:30 am
clean laundry in a basket in a corner of my bedroom. Sometimes 2 or 3 baskets...

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 5:37 am
sirel wrote:
clean laundry in a basket in a corner of my bedroom. Sometimes 2 or 3 baskets...

This. I discovered that having more plastic laundry baskets than I thought I would need is a lifesaver. One for my room, one for DD, two in the laundry room. That way when I hang stuff out to dry, I can just rotate everything and put dried laundry back in the basket. Everyone is responsible for folding and putting away their laundry at their own pace.

crystal

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 6:20 am
Where do you keep papers etc. I have a lot of clipped recipes (until I try them), my journal, calendar, magazines I want to read, mail I need to take care of etc. I need a good solution for keeping these handy but out of sight. Right now it's on the window between my kitchen and dining room but I don't like it.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:02 am
BA wrote:
Where do you keep kids napsacks?
I was thinking let's answer and ask more where do you keep questions for some good ideas and lots of organizing.

Most people never go through papers they saved. Especially nowadays where things can be digitalized easily. I dumped all papers including full file cabinets. Felt so liberating. If it’s something I think I will need- I snap a picture of it and email it to myself with the title
in the subject line. Voila I can always find anything im looking for. Recipe, mortgage statement supply lists etc

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:56 am
We used to keep the backpacks on the bottom of the coat closet. But then the doors were always open and the backpacks hanging out because the kids are constantly going back to get things, put things in. So I bought a big basket for near the door and they stand upright in that.

Potatoes and onions are in the fridge because that's the most organized place I have for them. Though I do have a bin for onions in the pantry and I use that too if I've bought a lot.

Stuffed animals in a beanbag.

Dolls in a toy bin for dolls.

Magazines on the nightstand near my bed and that means I've got to chuck them when I'm done with them.

Clean laundry in a foldable basket so that when I empty it I can fold it into a really small flat surface.

Tallis and tefillin on the shelf in the coat closet.

Wet and dirty rags in the laundry sink or straight into the washing machine for a load.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:02 am
stuffed animals are placed neatly on top of my kids dresser. They can chose which one they want to sleep with that night but the rest stay on top.

rowo

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:28 am
Backpacks - we just installed hooks near the laundry. So happy they finally have a proper place to go! We've tried so many different things, this seems to work the best. If they have sport or library of swimming bags, it can go on their hook as well.

Vacuum - laundry
Shmattes - I have a plastic tub in the laundry cupboard
Clean laundry waiting to get folded - 🙈 Everywhere. I have laundry baskets that move around. They like to hang out in the playroom on the couch. I try to organise it somewhat and have one basket per person, but it usually just waits till I sit and sort and fold it all once a week.

My dream is to have a big beautiful laundry/ mud room

Those papers that come home from school all the time !!! What do I do with them???

Moonlight

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 8:32 am
Papers papers papers
They end up on kitchen table until shabbos and then I clear them off . Either garbage, magnet to fridge, or filed away if important. Parsha projects get to hang around for shabbos and then garbage.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics