Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep .... ?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:36 am
thunderstorm wrote:
What do you keep multiple pairs of shoes in one closet in.
I have individual plastic shoe boxes on a shelf and a two tier shoe rack on the floor but it's still not enough.
Years ago I had a shoe rack against one wall of the closet but my closet doesn't have a wall for that now.
I don't want to block the mirror on he inside of my closet door so I can't have an on the door hanging thing either. What else is there?

I keep shoes for the current season in a narrow hanging shoe organizer against the wall of the closet. And the rest are in an under the bed container.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:53 am
I got a small plastic basket for yarmulkas. Much better than keeping them in an open space on the dresser.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 11:50 am
I love this thread!!!

erm

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:00 pm
small toys that don't need a whole basket or container like fidget spinners, bouncing balls etc
Kids papers/workbooks they use to play school with

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:32 pm
Where do you store diapers and wipes/cream/powder?

sirel

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:01 pm
Iymnok wrote:

I used to keep it in the changing table top drawer.
when I got rid of that, I transferred that and diapers to the drawers in my night table , and then I change babies on my bed.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:17 pm
Iymnok wrote:

For newborns who need changing often, I got this to attach to the porta-crib: https://www.amazon.com/Prince-.....older
A bit later on, when the baby clutter gets to me and/or I use creams less often, I move everything into my bedroom armoire. Once baby moves out of my bedroom, the diapers and creams move along to their bedroom closet/dresser, etc. Diapers get unpacked from the package and piled high. Wipes right next to them. Creams/powder in a plastic bin next to the wipes.

Last edited by pause on Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

InnerMe

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:19 pm
where do you keep.. shopping bags?

Currently they get stuffed into a big bag and it sits on a shelf in my coat closet but:
A) They are taking up valuable space
B) It gets very messy

I got a bag dispenser but it ended up being to big to mount inside a kitchen cabinet , since my cabinets are pretty small.

sirel

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:20 pm
erm wrote:
small toys that don't need a whole basket or container like fidget spinners, bouncing balls etc

one basket or container for all those little things...

papers in a basket under my computer desk, next to the printer

pause

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:22 pm
InnerMe wrote:

Currently they get stuffed into a big bag and it sits on a shelf in my coat closet but:
B) It gets very messy

I got a bag dispenser but it ended up being to big to mount inside a kitchen cabinet , since my cabinets are pretty small.

All shopping bags go into one stronger designated shopping bag and into a (bottom) kitchen cabinet. I used to fold the shopping bags and place them into a bin so that they took up way less space, but by now time is more valuable than space, so we just stuff.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:25 pm
erm wrote:

Small toys and tchatchkes go in the "prize" drawer. Each kid has a plastic container drawer that either goes in their closet, in a larger drawer, shelf or under the bed. And when it gets full, they need to "give some away" to make room for new items they've acquired.

Kids papers and craft items I have in narrow/shallow plastic drawers within a cabinet. It took a while but I found drawers that hold letter size papers but are still small enough to fit insincere standard cabinets. I dedicated one out of reach cabinet for such items.

Workbooks and coloring books go on the kids bookshelf.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:27 pm
InnerMe wrote:

B) It gets very messy

I used to have a bag dispenser. I found one for small cabinets and it was great.
Now I have room for a deep basket on a shelf in the laundry room. It sits side by side with the basket of clean rags.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:28 pm
InnerMe wrote:

B) It gets very messy

Mount inside your pantry closet door.

Can you link the dispenser you bought? I ordered one and it’s way too small. I like ikeas but I can’t seem to get there...

InnerMe

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:33 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Can you link the dispenser you bought? I ordered one and it’s way too small. I like ikeas but I can’t seem to get there...

The one I bought was from Ikea, but it wasn't this one:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat.....0222/

It was actually not meant as a bag dispenser but rather as a mounted garbage disposal, I couldn't find the link now.

esther11

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 2:35 pm
InnerMe wrote:

B) It gets very messy

I’m slightly traumatized from my childhood home with a huge bag of bags just hanging on the closet door. I have tried folding the bags into neat triangles, and that was good for about a month until I got lazy Very Happy
Then I tried a few different hard dispensers and found they were really too small. Using two dispensers at a time took up a lot of wall space. I eventually settled on a soft bag like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Nextep-.....H0AIK

It hangs on a nail in my kitchen and can hold more bags than the plastic/metal holders of equal size.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:00 pm
esther11 wrote:
I’m slightly traumatized from my childhood home with a huge bag of bags just hanging on the closet door. I have tried folding the bags into neat triangles, and that was good for about a month until I got lazy Very Happy
Then I tried a few different hard dispensers and found they were really too small. Using two dispensers at a time took up a lot of wall space. I eventually settled on a soft bag like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Nextep-.....H0AIK

It hangs on a nail in my kitchen and can hold more bags than the plastic/metal holders of equal size.

Thanks you and everyone for all helpful suggestions.

One thing that always comes up for me which should probably be for another thread.. is that these things are pricey. I hate spending $20 on something which IMO should be $3.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:04 pm
SuperWify wrote:

You can buy it here.
Ikea's prices are generally cheaper but I admit to ordering small Ikea products from Amazon that I needed and wasn't getting around to buying in person.

https://www.amazon.com/IKEA-VA.....enser

InnerMe

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can buy it here.
Ikea's prices are generally cheaper but I admit to ordering small Ikea products from Amazon that I needed and wasn't getting around to buying in person.

https://www.amazon.com/IKEA-VA.....enser

Yeh, I actually saw this once and got super annoyed that they are charging (at that point) $10.00 when at Ikea it's $2. I wrote one of those annoyed questions asking why in heavens name they charge so much when it's $2 at Ikea.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:51 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Yeh, I actually saw this once and got super annoyed that they are charging (at that point) $10.00 when at Ikea it's $2. I wrote one of those annoyed questions asking why in heavens name they charge so much when it's $2 at Ikea.

I get it. Ikea has an awesome washable mat for $4 but I bought it on Amazon for $10.50 last year. I couldn't make it to Ikea and the item was worth the $10.50 for me when I needed it, and still cheaper than others, and more suited to my needs.

My friend once did this with their grill pan. She didn't want to spend a lot, and from the cheaper ones the one with best reviews was Ikea's for $15. She needed it in time for YT and bought it via Amazon Prime 2 day for about $25 because it was still cheaper and better than others.

I think we once had a thread about this - paying extra sometimes for convenience.

But I wouldn't do this for furniture when the price difference is significant. I've actually been waiting to purchase for a certain furniture piece and can't seem to get myself there!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:53 pm
BA wrote:
Wow thanks everyone. I love all the ideas! I'm still thinking about kids knapsack s because they don't fit in my front closet. I'm considering hooks on the wall or a large pretty basket. Keep the ideas coming!

I got a storage chest/ottoman/bench thing and my kids' backpacks fit perfectly in them standing (I can fit all 7 of them that way).

[No comments please by people who have seen my house and seen that they're not always in there Tongue Out ]
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics