Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Six Sigma GB/BB Certification

1Life2Live

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 12:08 pm
Hi- I'd like to connect with women who are Six Sigma Green or Black belt certified. Some questions I have:

What industry do you work in?
How do you apply the methodology to the projects you work on?
What topics in the BOK do you use most frequently?

I'm looking to be involved in more of these types of projects, but there aren't many that exist in the current role I'm in. I'd like to expand my network and look into new roles/fields.

Thanks!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 9:30 pm
Unfortunately I didn't quite make it to Black belt. I almost became Lean certified while working for the NYS DOH. They have a whole office devoted to lean and quality improvement. PHQIX was a great network for Lean/6 sigma in the public health field which could answer all your questions and more. What field are you in?

1Life2Live

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:46 am
I work in finance. My company also has a Lean program, which I completed. The coursework was interesting, but did not involve any of the statistics used in Six Sigma. I want to take it to the next level, just don’t think there are many opportunities within my company/department. We already know things are bad and don’t work. We don’t need to go through the analysis and metrics to prove it, lol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics