Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lame duck coworker (vent)

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 7:05 pm
This is just a vent because the problem will solve itself by the end of the month, but that doesn't make it less frustrating now.

Basically someone at work gave notice last week that she will be leaving at the end of the month. Ever since giving notice, she's basically stopped caring, and is slacking off because who cares, she's only here a few more days, so it's not like she has to worry about being fired (she clearly doesn't understand the concept of not burning bridges, but I digress).

So she's coming in late, leaving early, extending lunch break. She's being really sloppy with her work, which still needs to get done as long as she's here. Also, me and another co-worker are going to be stepping in until a replacement is hired (in addition to our own responsibilities, that's why two of us are taking over in the interim). She's not being helpful about handing off the things we're going to need to pick up when she leaves and making it a smooth transition. When we try to clarify something, she gives an attitude like we're bothering her, and she's just generally been passive-agressive. I get it, she's leaving after only having been here for a few months, obviously she was unhappy. I don't think either her or the workplace is to blame, it just ended up not being a good fit for whatever reason. But ugh, she's just being such a pain just because she leaving soon and therefore it doesn't matter. Like I said, very temporary problem, I just have to power through to the end of the month. But I needed to vent about it because it really is frustrating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics