Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cradle reccomondation

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:48 pm
Hi all. Im looking to buy a new cradle that would last a baby at least 6-8 months.

Any reccomondations??

Also, What should I look out for when doing research?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:50 pm
My babies didn't sleep well in the cradle, I think because the mattress is too soft. When I put them in the porta crib they where much more comfortable.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
My babies didn't sleep well in the cradle, I think because the mattress is too soft. When I put them in the porta crib they where much more comfortable.

I specifically want a cradle cause the porta crib is to bulky and clausrophobic in my room. My kids had no problem with the cradle

For this reason, I want to buy one that would last a baby more then just the the real newborn stage

simcha2

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:05 pm
Most cradles are designed until a baby can sit up (some only until the baby can roll over) . They are designed to not be too deep. Other than a portacrib I've never seen a cradle that is designed for a baby over 4 months or so.
If you want something smaller there is a smaller sized pack and play.

monkeys

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:32 pm
I love the halo bassinest. But like others said, no cradle is safe for a baby who can sit/push up on hands and knees. I think the most they can last is about five months.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:17 am
Snoo is king!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:40 am
I use the bassinet for my stroller until they outgrow it, then switch to the pack 'n play with the insert. That’s good til they could pull themselves up.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
Snoo is king!

Can I rent it from you?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 7:35 am
Op here. Ok lets rephrase. Im looking for a cradle thats not just for the real mewborn stage. In otherwords something thats a bit bigger not a real small one.

I didnt ask for advice I asked for a recommendation 😉

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
Snoo is king!

That may be so (and for the price it should be) but again can only be used up until 6 months or so. OP is hoping for something with longer use

OP: we were happy with the Graco travelite crib. Much small than a pack n play (which is huge) and yet safe for an older child as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics