Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Aliexpress kosher sheitels, whats the hechsher?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 22 2018, 11:35 pm
I read here how some ppl bought from. Ali express kosher shietels(I think by jack). I looked it up and am interested in purchasing a sheitel but does anyone know who gives the hechsher? (I cant just assume its kosher just bec it says kosher).

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 3:09 am
There isn't one

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:51 am
That's where a shaila is asked. I buy any sheitel and I asked.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:56 am
I don't know which seller my fall was bought from but mine has a hechscher in it.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 6:58 am
Keep looking on ali and you’ll find that you can buy literally just the tags with “hechshers” that you can buy to sew into the wigs. These hechshers are as fake as a $3 bill. So are the ones in most wigs.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:24 am
Fake hechsher.
Ask your LOR - most hold it’s fine, some don’t.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:45 pm
Thanks for the replies. So if anyone can sew a tag in, then I basically have no choice but to go to a frum known person who will charge me a fortune???

I can ask my Rav but clearly he wont know Ali express wigs.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:46 pm
Ruchel wrote:
That's where a shaila is asked. I buy any sheitel and I asked.

What do u ask?? U mean u show the rav the hair??

reality mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:04 pm
If a hashgacha on a wig is important to you, then I would not trust what the seller has to say. They stick on any label and call it Kosher. They are not to be trusted.
I mean, do you really think they hire a Mashgiach to give them a hechsher?
Please.
They just know that a large part of their clientele is Jewish and rely on hashgacha to make the purchase, so they do what suits them.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 9:27 pm
I'm confused. Where does the hair from shaitels with a hechsher come from? AFAIK, all hair comes from either India or China and it is almost impossible to trace the source. How do people get hechsherin on shaitels?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:04 pm
The Jewish sheitel machers are getting many of their wigs from China, from the same place that Ali Express is getting them.

It's extraordinarily difficult to track the source of hair. I know an owner of a large wig business, and she has a factory in Argentina and in Europe, and hair is sourced from all over the world!

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:11 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm confused. Where does the hair from shaitels with a hechsher come from? AFAIK, all hair comes from either India or China and it is almost impossible to trace the source. How do people get hechsherin on shaitels?

It’s just a gimmick to make people feel less guilty. The rabbis can’t forbid wigs because no one will listen to them, so they give bs “hechsherim” and women feel better about wearing them.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the replies. So if anyone can sew a tag in, then I basically have no choice but to go to a frum known person who will charge me a fortune???

I can ask my Rav but clearly he wont know Ali express wigs.

I don't know any rabbanim that say that a wig needs a hechsher.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:20 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
The Jewish sheitel machers are getting many of their wigs from China, from the same place that Ali Express is getting them.

A lot of sheitelmachers also buy their wigs on Aliexpress, sew their own logo on it and sell them for a small fortune.

Hechsherim on sheitels are bogus, because it’s nearly impossible to tell where hair comes from.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 11:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I don't know any rabbanim that say that a wig needs a hechsher.

What im referring to is some big thing a few years ago that using certain hair (indian???) Was avoda zara bec they used their hair to worship idols??? So the point of the hechsher is to ensure that the hair used to make the wig is not taken from the women who do avoda zara with their hair.....

But if everyone is saying about bogus hechsheirim, well, im so confused. When I got married, this wasnt a known thing yet.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
What im referring to is some big thing a few years ago that using certain hair (indian???) Was avoda zara bec they used their hair to worship idols??? So the point of the hechsher is to ensure that the hair used to make the wig is not taken from the women who do avoda zara with their hair.....

But if everyone is saying about bogus hechsheirim, well, im so confused. When I got married, this wasnt a known thing yet.

How do you suppose the rabbis were able to differentiate between hair which was used for avodah zara - whatever that means - and hair which was not? It’s impossible to know.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:16 am
amother wrote:

The rabbanim I know say it isn't avoda zara.
Stop reading in to the media hype. Unless your rav has told you that based on his knowledge he paskens it as avoda zara, why run after so called hechsherim?

mirror

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:22 am
ra_mom wrote:
Stop reading in to the media hype. Unless your rav has told you that based on his knowledge he paskens it as avoda zara, why run after so called hechsherim?

The women are donating their hair for Avoda Zara. However the loophole is that the barbers are not cutting the hair for the sake of Avoda Zara. The barbers are cutting the hair so they can get paid. Thank the barbers for your sheitel.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:25 am
ra_mom wrote:

I never asked a rav a shaila yet bec I bought from frum women who showed me their hechsher but as ppl above wrote that its all bogus. Ill call a rav to sort this out bec I dont want to pay 2000 for a not so good sheitel when I can get it for 600 online for the same so so quality.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:26 am
mirror wrote:
The women are donating their hair for Avoda Zara. However the loophole is that the barbers are not cutting the hair for the sake of Avoda Zara. The barbers are cutting the hair so they can get paid. Thank the barbers for your sheitel.

Thanks so much for this clarification bec wen I ask a shaila I need to explain everything so the rav can pasken using all the relevant info.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics