Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Quick and Easy Suppers For Next Week

mom!

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 9:42 am
Any good ideas for filling, yummy, and quick to prepare suppers (without using too many dishes) for next week? I know it's going to be hectic with kids home, back to school, erev yomtov and want to be prepared...

TIA!

pesek zman

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 9:50 am
Not the point but erev yom tov isn't next week. It's 2 weeks from Sunday

lfab

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 10:11 am
Chicken in the crockpot is super easy. When I need to be really quick I just pour on a jar of salsa or marinara sauce and cook. You can agree in potatoes for a one pot meal or serve with rice or roasted veggies.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 10:24 am
daniels mom wrote:
Any good ideas for filling, yummy, and quick to prepare suppers (without using too many dishes) for next week? I know it's going to be hectic with kids home, back to school, erev yomtov and want to be prepared...

TIA!

Oven or crockpot? Quick cooking or ok to take some time to bake since you'll be home anyway? Do you have a delay bake option on your oven?
Do you guys usually like chicken, meat, fish, dairy?

mom!

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 10:36 am
ra_mom wrote:
Oven or crockpot? Quick cooking or ok to take some time to bake since you'll be home anyway? Do you have a delay bake option on your oven?
Do you guys usually like chicken, meat, fish, dairy?

Thanks, no fish or dairy. I'm open to anything, time bake is fine too.

Thanks.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 11:00 am
Schnitzel , mashed potatoes and salad
Meatballs and spaghetti or even quicker meat sauce and spaghetti or any other pasta
Veggie omelettes and toast or bought fresh rolls
Chicken and rice baked in the oven
If you are beginning to cook for Yom Tov make a bigger batch of whatever you are making and use that for that nights dinner. I did that yesterday with vegetable soup and doughless Potatoe knishes. All I needed to do for dinner was to make the chicken cutlets. It saved me an extra mess.

rgr

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 11:53 am
Bbq is one of my easy suppers.
You can do it in the broiler of your oven on disposable pans if your family is agreeable.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 1:09 pm
daniels mom wrote:
Thanks, no fish or dairy. I'm open to anything, time bake is fine too.

Thanks.

Mix mayo, Dijon and season generously (taste while you mix). Toss skinless chicken legs in the mixture. Sprinkle cormflake crumbs on bottom of pan and lay chicken legs on top. Sprinkle more cornflake crumbs on top. Spray. Bake uncovered 1 hour at 375.
(Or just place chicken with skin on in a pan, pour duck sauce on top and bake at 375 for 1 hour and 20 min.)
In a separate pan place rice, water and seasonings. Cover and bake at the same time for 1 hour.

Minute steak on a bed of onions with a bottle of barbecue sauce on top. Cover tightly and bake 2 hours. Whole potatoes scrubbed and pierced and baked on a separate pan but at the same time for 1.5 hours. Mix up Smart Balance with crushed garlic cubes, parsley, s&p to serve with the hot baked potatoes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus