Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish women driving in Monsey
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 1:39 am
is it nonexistent?
How common is it?

I dont have kids in any mossad, just wondering if I move to Monsey and drive will I be considered weird if im very visibly chassidish

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 1:49 am
It's pretty common by now, especially if you don't have kids in mosdos.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 2:36 am
Maybe I am not the biggest know it all but the most visibly chassidish woman I have seen driving was wearing a (big) band on her sheitel but I haven't seen someone with a shpitzel yet...

kiddo

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:00 am
Def won’t be weird, since almost every car is a woman driving. It’s More about getting yourself into a mossad which might be affected by the the this factor...

kiddo

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:02 am
If your not living here yet, and planning on moving here, it might be a big option to weigh .. since it’s an obsolute need and very not tolerated by most chassidish mosdas

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:11 am
kiddo wrote:
If your not living here yet, and planning on moving here, it might be a big option to weigh .. since it’s an obsolute need and very not tolerated by most chassidish mosdas

You’ll have a choice of very few (max 3?) chassidish-ish schools to apply to. Two of which are full? The thing though is that unless you’re ok taking a zillion car services I’m not sure how monsey would work. Or; maybe if you live near a bunch of ppl and in walking distance of grocery semi ok?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 8:34 am
So if there are many chassidish women driving and it won't be weird then I don't understand what the problem will be when I eventually need mossdas, ill just send to the same place all other chassidish driving woman send to

If there are 3 mosdas that would accept the concept of chassidish woman driving that doesn't sound so bad
I understand 2 are full now but I don't need it for right now

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 9:03 am
amother wrote:
So if there are many chassidish women driving and it won't be weird then I don't understand what the problem will be when I eventually need mossdas, ill just send to the same place all other chassidish driving woman send to

If there are 3 mosdas that would accept the concept of chassidish woman driving that doesn't sound so bad
I understand 2 are full now but I don't need it for right now

With every year that passed the mosdos have been adding rules. So some women that drive are women who drove BEFORE the rule of no driving was implemented . Getting your kid into any school in Monsey is a hardship. Add a Chasidish mother who drives and they will use it as an excuse not to accept you. Just giving you the reality.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 9:52 am
thunderstorm wrote:
With every year that passed the mosdos have been adding rules. So some women that drive are women who drove BEFORE the rule of no driving was implemented . Getting your kid into any school in Monsey is a hardship. Add a Chasidish mother who drives and they will use it as an excuse not to accept you. Just giving you the reality.

Thunderstorm and burlywood make great points. I have a chassidish friend who drives, one school wanted a $10,000 deposit because her husband had a close beard. He didn't grow his beard out, so they lost the$10,000. They wanted another $10,000 ...the next year on top of tuition.

Schools are very hard to get into in Monsey. The driving may not be your only strike.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 10:07 am
I'm in Monsey for years already, my family drives but I don't. It's not the end of the world to take taxi's. Thousands of women manage & so will anyone that moves out. I don't get the whole big deal of taking a taxi. Usually when I call a taxi I don't wait more than 5 minutes. In the busy yom tov season, it can get harder to get a taxi but never more than 15 minutes. The Monsey roads have become so crazy that at this point even if I'm able to drive I would be scared.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
Thunderstorm and burlywood make great points. I have a chassidish friend who drives, one school wanted a $10,000 deposit because her husband had a close beard. He didn't grow his beard out, so they lost the$10,000. They wanted another $10,000 ...the next year on top of tuition.

Schools are very hard to get into in Monsey. The driving may not be your only strike.

Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 10:51 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

I don't know if you are puking at me or the schools. I always believe it is better to know the reality.

The other reality is it seems the non-driving schools seem much cheaper. Someone could varify this. I know what the tuition is at 2 of the schools and it is much more expensive than expensive than UTI and Vitznitz.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
I'm in Monsey for years already, my family drives but I don't. It's not the end of the world to take taxi's. Thousands of women manage & so will anyone that moves out. I don't get the whole big deal of taking a taxi. Usually when I call a taxi I don't wait more than 5 minutes. In the busy yom tov season, it can get harder to get a taxi but never more than 15 minutes. The Monsey roads have become so crazy that at this point even if I'm able to drive I would be scared.

It costs me $24 for a round trip. That is money I don't have .

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 10:58 am
Op it might be a very real issue in a very short while... maybe Lakewood might be more of an option for you, as it’s a bit more open minded when it comes to these issues I believe...

And no such thing as cheap tuition anymore, all schools shot up with the price...

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:00 am
I send to a non driving school & the tuition is the same as schools that allow driving. Viznitz & Satmer give cheap tuition to their own chassdim. Thunderstorm, having a car is more expensive than taking Taxi's.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
I don't know if you are puking at me or the schools. I always believe it is better to know the reality.

The other reality is it seems the non-driving schools seem much cheaper. Someone could varify this. I know what the tuition is at 2 of the schools and it is much more expensive than expensive than UTI and Vitznitz.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
I send to a non driving school & the tuition is the same as schools that allow driving. Viznitz & Satmer give cheap tuition to their own chassdim. Thunderstorm, having a car is more expensive than taking Taxi's.

depends on if and where you work.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Autocorrect

itsmeima

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:03 am
It's a sad situation but I honestly feel that if women would come together, campaign, work with Rebbetzins and social workers, place ads.... things may eventually change.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 26 2018, 11:04 am
amother wrote:

For sure it is much more expensive.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating