Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Safe medication for constant pinworms?
Previous  1  2

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 7:14 pm
Bump , I’m also dealing with recurrent pinworms. How did the paraguard work long term?
Any other good results?

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 7:53 pm
Glad I am not alone. We are also dealing with recurrent pinworms for many years.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:01 pm
We dealt with this too for a while. In addition to trying some of the things mentioned here, I read somewhere that sunlight kills the eggs so every morning I opened the shades in her room for the day. Did this for months and thats when I think we erradicated it. (Also gave the otc pinworm meds, reduced sugar intake, tried pupkin seeds as much as she would eat...) Getting rid of them internally is one job, preventing them from recurring is another. Good Luck!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 6:45 am
The paraguard did seem to take it away (used together with probiotics). After some time I got nervous that I was feeling them again (another unpleasant side effect of pinworms--OCD) so I just did another whole treatment plan with Paraguard and probiotics. Let's see if it works for the long term now.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 7:10 am
Another thing that helps, is to get your kids used to using a soapy fingernail brush when they wash their hands. If they are not cleaning under their nails, and then putting their hands in their mouths, BINGO, you've all got worms again.

When I was first doing research on pinworms, I read that in America one out of 10 kids has pinworms at any given time. If there are 20 kids in a class, 2 have worms. Do you have 10 kids at home? At least one has worms.

The eggs are microscopic, and can stay in the soil for years before hatching, as long as there isn't a hard freeze.

If you own a dog, and you notice him scooting his bottom on the floor, get him to the vet and ask for a full spectrum worm treatment.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:05 am
Bathing kids together or badly chlorinated pools in how my kids got them. Shower, cut fingernails.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
The paraguard did seem to take it away (used together with probiotics). After some time I got nervous that I was feeling them again (another unpleasant side effect of pinworms--OCD) so I just did another whole treatment plan with Paraguard and probiotics. Let's see if it works for the long term now.

For how long did you take it? Did you do intense cleaning during that period as well?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:37 pm
I found drinking often pineapple juice is what helps. When my children were young, it was a staple in my house and was served as a drink regularly. Easiest cure.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:42 pm
Keep fingernails short and keep cutting them. Scrub hands and nails with soap after coming inside, before eating, before brushing teeth, before bathroom, after bathroom.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:28 am
The Paraguard/probiotics did not work for us. After a month on it, the pinworms were back, (while on it) I was advised to do another round and increase the dose but that didn’t work either. I am desperate for a cure we have been dealing with this for over 10 years!!! Tried everything!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics