Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yesivat Shalom Rav in Tzfat

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 3:42 pm
A friend recommended this yeshiva for a friend's English speaking son. Does anybody know anything about the yeshiva and the teachers there?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 1:44 am
there are some older guys who are serious; there are also a number of druggies and kids with other "issues". Is he serious or does he need some TLC?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 24 2007, 9:25 pm
I think he needs more than a bit of TLC. From what I understand, he's a good kid, from a good family, that got involved in a bad crowd.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 24 2007, 11:32 pm
Then I would advise against Shalom Rav

amother

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 3:21 pm
I'm confused as to why you would advise against? Shalom Rav doesn't offer enough TLC or that good kids from good families need to be at a different place. Please elaborate. I really want to help.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 1:48 pm
I asked someone who went there, they only had great things to say about the school. the rabbonim are very caring and into their students. it depends on the year if they may have more guys who need help, but usually they straighten out. the person who said dont send the boy there because they have druggies etc. need to have facts you can't say that about a place without more info.
I suggest the parents call rav weingott and ask point blank what kind of students will be going this year,and give him feedback from what was "heard".
hatzlacha

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 11:58 pm
I personally feel that good kids from good families need to be at a different place. asking the rabbanim there isn't going to get you a straight answer - you need to speak to parents. It seems to me that all the guys there come with "issues", whether drugs, family background or both. they tend to sleep past minyan and that's accepted, etc. and I've also heard that they continue doing drugs there too. (that part could be hearsay, but it needs checking out - and I dont' think R. Weingot himslef would be a good source.)

Seraph

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 1:52 am
Actually, if you want to know about shalom rav, I was actually just speaking to the rav's wife (the one who is in charge of shaarei bina seminary) and asked her what crowd her husbands school catered to, and she told me that the school is meant for boys that are good kids, but arent the best learners. Because too often, the bad learners get stuck in a yeshiva for "bad boys", and they also become bad boys.
So this is meant for good boys, that just pashut arent good learners.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 4:30 am
Rav Refoel Weingot and Rebbetzin Tova Weingot are old, old friends of mine and very special people. I highly recommend having your child involved with them (if the yeshiva is appropriate, of course). They are warm, loving, smart and able to instill a love of yiddishkeit. SPECIAL PEOPLE!!!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 5:53 am
as you can see, the weingotts are special people,and they truly care abotu the students, ok they dont MAKE the boys go daven mincha, but they make sure the boys understand how imp it is,so they come to do it with kavanah. they dont send robots out into the world. they TEACH the boys with love for H.and I personally know a lot of boys from that yeshiva. so forget the hearsay. the weingotts won't lie about their program chas v'shalom you can ask Rabbi weingott.
no offense to the poster who keeps giving negative comments without first hand knowledge its assur.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 6:04 am
Quote:
no offense to the poster who keeps giving negative comments without first hand knowledge its assur.

yes, I do have some first-hand knowledge and the Weingot's are also old friends of mine. but I prefer not to go into details, so I'll keep out of it now. You're not allowed to believe me, but you may need to be suspicious and wary and be required to look into it more closely.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 6:26 am
amother wrote:
Quote:

yes, I do have some first-hand knowledge and the Weingot's are also old friends of mine. but I prefer not to go into details, so I'll keep out of it now. You're not allowed to believe me, but you may need to be suspicious and wary and be required to look into it more closely.

Something tells me that this post should have been pm'ed and not posted publicly. "You're not allowed to believe me"???? What kind of thing is that to say on the open forum. You choose not to go into detail but make sure to let us all know that there is something nice and juicy to tell.

Oh, so you can't pm an anonymous poster? Well, how about using your REAL username and asking the poster to pm you. People can really get hurt by comments like this made on an open forum.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 6:30 am
I am actually the original poster of the question. I'm glad it's still active and there are responses. Don't worry, comments like that one above just get ignored.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 01 2007, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

I don't have preciese details and this was meant as a reivew comment of shmiras halashon, that if you don't have the facts, you're still allowed (and maybe required) to be suspicious and look into it further.
sorry if ti sounded insulting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics