Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gym attire
1  2  3  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 11:06 am
So I wud like to start going to a gym never been to one... What do ppl wear to the classes/gym... Im in lakewood if that helps....

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 11:07 am
Leggings and a tank top. Some people cover their hair, some do not. But that’s in Brooklyn. Can’t tell you about Lakewood.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 11:27 am
My acquaintances go in long skirt and leggings or jean under skirt

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 11:30 am
I go to the gym in Lakewood. They wear leggings and a tshirt with a bandana snood.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 12:32 pm
At my women-only gym in Lakewood, women wear activewear leggings, a tank top or short sleeved activewear tee, and most wear a bandana (I find that it prevents me from sweating as much vs not covering my hair at all, but I also wear it to cover my hair even though there are no men). And sneakers.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 3:53 pm
Ladies only - Monsey

Yoga pants with a tshirt material skirt over and 3/4 sleeve Ts with snood.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 4:36 pm
Ladies only Monsey, most wear leggings with a knee length skirt. Some even come attached. With a tshirt & snood/bandana.
Only the modern women wear leggings & tank tops.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
Ladies only Monsey, most wear leggings with a knee length skirt. Some even come attached. With a tshirt & snood/bandana.
Only the modern women wear leggings & tank tops.

I guess that’s where Monsey differs. These are all regular Lakewood yeshivish people.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
I guess that’s where Monsey differs. These are all regular Lakewood yeshivish people.

Lakewood yeshivish ladies don't wear skirts at the gym?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:50 pm
Leggings and shorts sleeve tshirt with a headscarf. Oh n obviously sneakers

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:53 pm
I find it hard to believe that regular yeshivish women wear tank tops at the gym. But, everything is possible...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:
I find it hard to believe that regular yeshivish women wear tank tops at the gym. But, everything is possible...

Not tank tops but T-shirt’s and leggings

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:04 pm
Monsey women only gym- pants and a t shirt. Hair covered. Some come with skirt some don’t. At classes no one wears a skirt.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
Lakewood yeshivish ladies don't wear skirts at the gym?

Wow you are so close minded!!!

Sheezz

I’m in a woman only gym in Lakewood about 85% or more wear leggings and tee shirt and head covering, 10-15% wear skirts or mini skirts ontop of leggings. One or two ladies come fully dressed and few women don’t cover their hair.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 6:57 pm
Superwify, finding out new information & being surprised about it doesn't make one closed minded.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:05 pm
I'm not "closed minded" but it also surprised me. I'm not as Yeshivish as most of Lakewood and I would feel so uncomfortable in leggings in public! Ha I'd probably look like a Rebbitzen in a Lakewood gym! Maybe its because I go to a non-jewish (womens) one OOT? Seems like some ladies feel this is their "chance" to wear leggings...

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
Superwify, finding out new information & being surprised about it doesn't make one closed minded.

I’m sorry for my harsh tone.

I’m just very shocked that YOUR so shocked.

No I’d never wear a bathing suit in public but I would wear in a swimming pool. Ditto for sports attire at the gym only. PJs are for bed...

There’s a time and place for everything. I thought everyone knew that....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not "closed minded" but it also surprised me. I'm not as Yeshivish as most of Lakewood and I would feel so uncomfortable in leggings in public! Ha I'd probably look like a Rebbitzen in a Lakewood gym! Maybe its because I go to a non-jewish (womens) one OOT? Seems like some ladies feel this is their "chance" to wear leggings...

Huh? Their chance?? How would you do Pilates in a skirt? They flop up on you. Those sit-ups with your legs moving (don’t know the name 😆) your skirt would be all tangled up. Don’t put your own insecurities on everyone else and then put them down with it.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:

DW you won’t be the rebitzen at the gym because like I said earlier their are a few women who come fully dressed! (Yes including a shaitel...)

And btw I just found out there is a gym in Lakewood that you must wear a skirt ontop if your leggings.

My point to op is stop worrying about what to wear. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Trust me, no cares. Wear a shaitel, wear a kerchief, wear nothing on your head. Leggings, skirt, tank top or long sleeved tee shirt... I have never heard anyone being told off because of their appearances.

Dont forget your sneakers!

Make sure they are Nike’s.

Just kidding.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:

And if it is their “chance”? What’s wrong with that?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise