Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Homemade mozzarella sticks

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 2:27 pm
These are really yummy. I think I made them twice in the past week...

Ingredients
One package of mozzarella cheese sticks, frozen, each cut in half
Flour
1-2 beaten eggs
Bread crumbs, lightly seasoned with salt, garlic powder, black pepper
Oil for frying
marinara sauce for dipping

Method
Lightly coat each frozen cheese stick with flour. Then coat with egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg again and breadcrumbs again. This makes a thick coat to prevent the cheese from oozing everywhere in your frying pan and making a gigantic mess.

Fry the coated sticks until golden brown on both sides. Serve with marinara sauce.

recipe source: https://bitesnpieces.co/homema.....icks/

challahchallah

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 7:47 pm
I love these too! They also work great if you bake them rather than frying. I put them on parchment paper so they don't stick, but greasing a pan would probably also work.

esther11

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 10:04 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I love these too! They also work great if you bake them rather than frying. I put them on parchment paper so they don't stick, but greasing a pan would probably also work.

Do they spread all over when baking? I love mozzarella sticks but I have no patience frying

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 3:32 am
challahchallah wrote:

I should try that. My kids might make a rebellion, though, since they are used to the taste of them fried...

mlc

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 8:50 am
challahchallah wrote:

How do you prevent them from spreading when baking? Whenever I tried to bake I ended up with empty breading in a sea of melted cheese ....

tf

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:17 am
esther11 wrote:
Do they spread all over when baking? I love mozzarella sticks but I have no patience frying

Yes. They do spread all over the pan. This is a cheese that melts. For this reason it's necessary to freeze before coating and coat with multiple layers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals