Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
S/O would you let your child marry into anti vax home?
1  2  3  Next

S/O would you let your child marry into anti vax home?
Absolutely not! I think they are irresponsible and want to keep future grandchildren safe.  
 84%  [ 110 ]
Why not? I dont vaccinate either  
 15%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 130

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:05 pm
See poll.
If you knew before going into a shidduch or stamp your approval on a potential date that the family doesn't believe in vaccinations , would that impact your interest in the shidduch and away your decision either way?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:21 pm
Other.
I vax and I would have absolutely no problem with a non-vax family as mechutanim. I would, however, ask for details of why not, and what other natural measures they take, just because I'm nosy.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:24 pm
No reason to care. Each to their own...as an aside I have a cousin who is in the hospital as we speak from a vaccination "side effect". Vaccinating is not fool proof either. Just because u may or may not vaccinate shouldn't make any difference to others.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:27 pm
No I wouldn’t because in my circles, not vaccinating comes along with a bunch of other mishigassen.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:31 pm
I think this question is super important I would put it right after asking if they serve dinner on plastic or china (obviously if they call it “supper” they are so not our type..) and before asking which three year old Morah taught potential future child in law.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 9:34 pm
Just by the way, my mother didn't vaccinate but I don't agree with her and vaccinated my kids (and myself when I got older) so its not a foolproof criteria

essie14

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 12:43 am
amother wrote:
Just by the way, my mother didn't vaccinate but I don't agree with her and vaccinated my kids (and myself when I got older) so its not a foolproof criteria

Exactly. DH and I discussed vaccinating while we were dating. It really didn’t matter what his family did. I only cared about what his position is.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 3:13 am
Yes, absolutely. Vaccines are full of horrible ingredients. Aside from that a sibling of mine became very ill from vaccine side effects, so I've seen first hand the damage vaccines do. I would NOT approve of my children marrying people who want to vaccinate. No way would that toxic stuff be put into my grandchildren.

salt

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 3:21 am
You're missing a third option.

I do vaccinate my children, but it would never occur to me to ask such a question to potential mechutanim.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 3:49 am
I disapprove of people who don't vaccinate, but it is not important enough that I would keep my child away from bashert.

Of course I'm modern, so there isn't a question of me "letting" a child marry anyone, at most I would be encouraging or discouraging a relationship.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 7:53 am
My sis in law won’t vaccinate the kids and they are therefore limited in their choice of school. Bh everyone is healthy and should iyh always be but it’s def something we have in mind when there is a newborn around....

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 7:54 am
Can't prevent it if my child is of age. I'll make sure they understand what it entails.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 7:55 am
Nope, nope, riding the nope train to Nopeville.

Delayed schedule is fine, but vaccinations MUST happen.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 7:58 am
It’s not something I would ask, and I wouldn’t stop my sons from marrying a girl that they like, but it’s doubtful that it would happen just because the type of personality that doesn’t vaccinate would not be the type of personality that any of my kids would be interested in.
Also, I have never met anyone who doesn’t vax. This anti vaxing is a phenomenon I only found on this site.

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:12 am
SuperWify wrote:
I think this question is super important I would put it right after asking if they serve dinner on plastic or china (obviously if they call it “supper” they are so not our type..) and before asking which three year old Morah taught potential future child in law.

I don't think the vax issue is comparable to inquiring about China vs plastic. One is a potential health threat, the other is superficial.

Still, it's not something that I thought to ask and I'm not sure it would stop me from considering a really good shidduch. But I can see for someone who has all the cards stacked in their favor, yichus etc, that it could be a deal breaker.

Last edited by Simple1 on Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total

Redbird

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:12 am
I vaccinate on a delayed schedule I would let my kids marry either way. The poll options just confirms that there is a misconception that everyone is either an extreme "anti vaxxer" or "pro vaxxer."

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:23 am
You're missing many in between options!

I don't vaccinate. I'm not so 100% anti-vax, but I have too many concerns and questions to feel comfortable going ahead and doing it. When in doubt do without is my motto.

But I have nothing against people one way or another. As long as someone is overall a healthy responsible person, I assume they will be a healthy responsible parent and take care of their children as THEY see fit whether that includes vaccines or not, organic food or not, antibiotic use or not, alternative doctors or allopathic ones, whatever...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:23 am
It's not a question I ask when I call for info on boys, but I can't imagine that my girls would marry a boy from an anti-vax family. We would just not be the same type.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:24 am
cnc wrote:
No I wouldn’t because in my circles, not vaccinating comes along with a bunch of other mishigassen.

Great job stereotyping!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:25 am
Chayalle wrote:
It's not a question I ask when I call for info on boys, but I can't imagine that my girls would marry a boy from an anti-vax family. We would just not be the same type.

And what "type" is that?

Again with the stereotyping...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics