Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys Yeshiva near Passaic, New Jersey
Previous  1  2

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 8:43 am
I'm aware that TABC is sort of affiliated with a nearby girls' school, and that boys from TABC sometimes visit this school for minyanim and other school functions. Does MTA have a similar official relationship with any nearby girls' schools?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 12:01 pm
MTA's sister school is Central. Located in Queens. Given the distance between the 2 schools, I don't think they have the relationship of TABC/Maayanot and JEC/Bruriah.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
I'm aware that TABC is sort of affiliated with a nearby girls' school, and that boys from TABC sometimes visit this school for minyanim and other school functions. Does MTA have a similar official relationship with any nearby girls' schools?

I don't think the boys from TABC do anything with the girls from Maayanot. The boys from TABC do come to the elementary school across the street (Yeshivat He'atid) for some events (like before Purim) to enhance the ruach. Now that there is a 7th grade with boys turning bar mitzvah, there is some sort of arrangement for having them help with a minyan. I don't know the details, my son is only 10 :-)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:01 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I don't think the boys from TABC do anything with the girls from Maayanot. The boys from TABC do come to the elementary school across the street (Yeshivat He'atid) for some events (like before Purim) to enhance the ruach. Now that there is a 7th grade with boys turning bar mitzvah, there is some sort of arrangement for having them help with a minyan. I don't know the details, my son is only 10 :-)

Ma'ayanot and TABC are not as closely affiliated as in the past, when they shared buses, but TABC students still visit Ma'ayanot for occasional minyanim and for some activities. I think students are only allowed in the school in the company of TABC staff, but they are definitely there.

Ma'ayanot students also visit He'atid sometimes for activities. I think they were there last week to work on succah decorations together.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics