Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help! we need to be out of our apt by October 15!
1  2  Next

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:28 am
Iso 3 bdrm apt in BP for rent $2100/ buy under $650000

If anyone knows of an apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms please let me know as soon as possible we have to be out by October 15 which means that there are holidays in between and we have to get out ASAP thank you

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 9:39 pm
Why are people ignoring my post this is urgent we need to be out 12 days after yom tov.

happy12

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 9:51 pm
People are not ignoring. They just may not have any suggestions.
It will be very difficult to find a three bedroom in that price range. Generally they are 2400 or more.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 9:52 pm
Unfortunately your price range is not really realistic. I just moved out of a two bedroom one bath and the new tenant is paying 1950. A friend of mine recently bought and she paid 725 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 10:47 pm
I'm not super familiar with BP, but I'm going to echo that the price range is far from realistic. It might have been realistic four years ago, but certainly not now. 3 bedrooms are going for about that or more in Far Rockaway, which is much cheaper than BP. Fair market value for a one bedroom is currently more than $1600 a month all over NY (I deal with subsidized housing for a living).

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Why are people ignoring my post this is urgent we need to be out 12 days after yom tov.

"If anyone knows of an apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms".
Unfortunately I don't know of any apartments. May you have hatzlacha and mazel!

studying_torah

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:06 pm
Try a real estate agent, look in the newspaper classifieds

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:15 pm
Op here
We are currently in a 3 bedroom plus sunroom and 1.5 bathroom for under $2000(!) It's a rat hole but now our landlord sold the house.
We can maybe afford $2400 anyone knows anything in the 15-18 avenue areas?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:16 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Try a real estate agent, look in the newspaper classifieds
I get the Hamodia, Der Blat, Luach Hatzibur, Link , Torah times and nothing doing. Any other places?! Besides a real estate agent wants a months rent usually from both parties or at least half a months rent.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:27 pm
Yated maybe?
Idk I don't live in BP. Just trying to give you ideas.
Hatzlacha

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
Op here
We are currently in a 3 bedroom plus sunroom and 1.5 bathroom for under $2000(!) It's a rat hole but now our landlord sold the house.

Hey OP. I really sympathize with your situation. Just wanted to point out that I hope you're not ruling out apartments that are not between the specific avenues you mentioned above. As you see for yourself, the market is very slim and I highly doubt you will find that "perfect" apartment with all the requirements and specifics you have mentioned. In fact, maybe weigh whats more important to you and try to give up on something so that your search widens. Be it the number of bedrooms, the number of bathrooms, the price or the area. Perhaps if you venture a bit "out" you will have better luck.
I'm sure Hashem has a plan in store for you! Do your best hishtadlus and hopefully you'll find something appropriate.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:31 am
amother wrote:
Op here

And if you can't move out, what happens? Maybe the landlord can give you enough money to enable you to afford the appartment you need.

Speak to an attorney. This isn't legal advice, but it may not be so easy to force you out.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 3:43 am
Oy hugs!

I hear your desperation.

is there any way as a back up you could stay with family or have another back up plan to give you more time you may need to find?

hatzlocha

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 6:25 am
amother wrote:
Hey OP. I really sympathize with your situation. Just wanted to point out that I hope you're not ruling out apartments that are not between the specific avenues you mentioned above. As you see for yourself, the market is very slim and I highly doubt you will find that "perfect" apartment with all the requirements and specifics you have mentioned. In fact, maybe weigh whats more important to you and try to give up on something so that your search widens. Be it the number of bedrooms, the number of bathrooms, the price or the area. Perhaps if you venture a bit "out" you will have better luck.
I'm sure Hashem has a plan in store for you! Do your best hishtadlus and hopefully you'll find something appropriate.

The avenues I quote "ruled out"are more expensive. About five years ago before this place became satmar the lower avenues were less expensive, todays days its the opposite. We are Chasidish and we do like to be near our shul. Also were an older family so walking far to the shul you are used to for 45 yrs is harder for a middle aged man.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 6:27 am
amother wrote:
Oy hugs!

I hear your desperation.

is there any way as a back up you could stay with family or have another back up plan to give you more time you may need to find?

hatzlocha

We don't have family to stay with. Also this is not Mexico or China were families live under one roof with one bathroom. You know that Brooklyn houses aren't THAT big.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
We don't have family to stay with. Also this is not Mexico or China were families live under one roof with one bathroom. You know that Brooklyn houses aren't THAT big.

I know absolutely nothing about BP so maybe should just mind my own business.. But your last new posts scream entitlement..

Its very sad, but you kind of have to move to a more affordable neighborhood or move in with other people or come up with a LOT MORE $$

I'm in the same boat. I had to move from a lovely house in a lovely neighborhood with very nice neighbors to a one bedroom apt with many stairs to walk up, while waiting for a hip replacement..

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 9:35 am
Try the Jewish Press. They also have a lot of listings. The Hamodia should also have.

bobeli

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 12:59 pm
Price range in that area is not realistic for that size apartment.
Expand area, budget or size and you might find something.
This is one of the main reasons ppl move to Lakewood, Staten Island, etc. housing in Brooklyn is crazy

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:20 pm
This is why people buy houses or apartments for stability because rents keep going up where as a mortgage stays the same. But yeah that price range is too low will be hard to find. Good luck! Either you will have to concidering other places or a smaller space.

shpitsel

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
Iso 3 bdrm apt in BP for rent $2100/ buy under $650000

If anyone knows of an apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms please let me know as soon as possible we have to be out by October 15 which means that there are holidays in between and we have to get out ASAP thank you

Freida Weinberger
An amazing lady broker in BP
She went let you down
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics