Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If the seller breaks contract

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:36 am
Here’s the situation: We put down a deposit on a lot and signed a contract, it’s still under attorney review. Attorney review has been dragging for numerous reasons, all on the seller. Now an investor in the neighborhood heard about this, and he is trying to outbid us.

Because we’re already under contract but the money is not yet ‘hard’ does anyone know what we can do if the seller would break the contract and sell to the investor? The seller is not Jewish and the competing investor is, so I would want to know what we can do legally with the seller, and halachically with the competing investor.

Thanks!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:43 am
If they didn't sign it yet then they can still pull out of the deal. Once both signed it depend on what it says in the contract about this and penalties for either party.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
If they didn't sign it yet then they can still pull out of the deal. Once both signed it depend on what it says in the contract about this and penalties for either party.

It is not so simple and depends on the jurisdiction. OP must talk to her attorney.

If, for example, the seller offered the house for sale and OP met his price with no contingencies, the seller is obligated to sell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating