Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Average salary - Monsey - time sensitive

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 1:26 pm
Hi,
I am applying for a job in Monsey. (recently moved here) I am married with almost a decade of administrative/secretarial experience in schools. (experience is from my single days) how much is the average salary be for an office/admistrative position be in Monsey? I do not have a degree.

Please all Monsey folk if you can give me your experience - I have a meeting coming up soon and need to know what to bargain for... Ty!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 5:05 pm
Bump

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 8:18 pm
I am a legal assistant without any experience in Rockland. I am making 25 an hour if that helps.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
I am a legal assistant without any experience in Rockland. I am making 25 an hour if that helps.

It does!! Thank you for the response!
If anyone else has any input, I'd appreciate!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 8:30 pm
Hatzlocha Rabah!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:04 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,
I am applying for a job in Monsey. (recently moved here) I am married with almost a decade of administrative/secretarial experience in schools. (experience is from my single days) how much is the average salary be for an office/admistrative position be in Monsey? I do not have a degree.

Please all Monsey folk if you can give me your experience - I have a meeting coming up soon and need to know what to bargain for... Ty!

Take into account how long you've been out of the workforce. It makes a difference.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
Take into account how long you've been out of the workforce. It makes a difference.

I've been working the whole time. Just not in Monsey...

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:18 pm
Amother mustard
Do you enjoy your job?
Im looking to change jobs and was wondering about different areas

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
Amother mustard
Do you enjoy your job?
Im looking to change jobs and was wondering about different areas

I wish I did. I don't really enjoy it because I never was comfortable working in the legal field. I went to school for nursing and I am more comfortable in a medical setting.
It could be also that the area that the lawyer I work for is in is very boring to me. I need some more activity like in a medical setting than just sitting behind a desk typing notes and letters and scanning endless papers.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:01 pm
15 yrs experience, $26.00 per hour (very inflexible boss and I took a pay cut when I accepted the job) but job prior to that three years ago $30.00 per hour , job prior to that eight years ago I started at $16.00 and after five years I ended up earning $27.00 per hour.

My SIL just started with one year experience and is earning $25 per hour . It all has to do with how much the business owner is trying to take advantage.
It is common for Monsey jobs to pay less than the city.

Bsimcha

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
15 yrs experience, $26.00 per hour (very inflexible boss and I took a pay cut when I accepted the job) but job prior to that three years ago $30.00 per hour , job prior to that eight years ago I started at $16.00 and after five years I ended up earning $27.00 per hour.

My SIL just started with one year experience and is earning $25 per hour . It all has to do with how much the business owner is trying to take advantage.
It is common for Monsey jobs to pay less than the city.

Does per hour mean hours worked? any vacation? Yom Tovim?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:27 pm
Bsimcha wrote:
Does per hour mean hours worked? any vacation? Yom Tovim?
I get paid hourly. So for every hour I work. However we do get paid for Yom Tov including Chol Hamoed but we all have to work at least one day Chol Hamoed. We are also off and paid for legal holidays. And there is a total of 7 vacation days a year (this includes sick and personal days etc) . There are no other benefits

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:32 pm
I work in Monsey in a office setting. I know I'm being taken advantage of, but my job is very flexible. I can leave if a kid is sick or work from home if there is no school that day.

I make now $25 hr. My boss wanted me to start at $15, I refused to take the job. I started less than I wanted, with clear raises at specific times. I only get paid for the time I work. I will be making very little the next 2 months, and I am very unhappy about it. I don't even get paid for legal holidays that the office is closed.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:50 am
amother wrote:
I work in Monsey in a office setting. I know I'm being taken advantage of, but my job is very flexible. I can leave if a kid is sick or work from home if there is no school that day.

I make now $25 hr. My boss wanted me to start at $15, I refused to take the job. I started less than I wanted, with clear raises at specific times. I only get paid for the time I work. I will be making very little the next 2 months, and I am very unhappy about it. I don't even get paid for legal holidays that the office is closed.

How much experience do you have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics